Notices

Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
Ok here 3 more.

but if i dont get at least some feed back. im gonna stop posting them here. all i really want is at least a few people to tell me which one they liked and what they think works or doesnt work.

so we have
a rolling stone gathers no pigs
collision
and what i think is my best yet.
knock knock
we love you and your work bro.

def don't stop...

My Blog

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
we love you and your work bro.

def don't stop...
I dont need your Love i want some critism of what people are liking and disliking. Im hoping that will spark some new ideas for levels. AS i struggle till i get an idea. Then sometime in a design it sparks another and i get 2-3 levels at a time

I now want to know why one of the new levels been viewed 7 times and the others only 2.

Level 7 was fun

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2010-02-13 at 20:44.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
but if i dont get at least some feed back. im gonna stop posting them here. all i really want is at least a few people to tell me which one they liked and what they think works or doesnt work.
I think with a easyer way to install the levels (Rovio? anyone?) you will get much more feedback.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
Agreed with last post.

It's a lot of work for some. A 'patch' delivery system for new levels would get many more installs and so more feedback.
But I also understand this may not be possible at this time.

Its almost impossible to get to 3 stars with the new ones, only got 1 or so..
the fun is in breaking as much stuff as possible, not the difficulty in solving.

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2010-02-14 at 00:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiptronic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
Its almost impossible to get to 3 stars with the new ones, only got 1 or so..
the fun is in breaking as much stuff as possible, not the difficulty in solving.
cheer for comments.

The reason (mentioned else where) you cant get 3* is that the *scores are stored in a seperate file and are thus defined for the Official 2nd levels. not all the custom ones.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I think with a easyer way to install the levels (Rovio? anyone?) you will get much more feedback.

Ok. Ive looked into something ive meant to for a while now
and thats a stage process

1) a setup script

2) a switching script that will swap between Rovio and custom levels

I recon this should work ok. but there a couple of things i need.

First off im gonna move all the levels to pack1. As what im planning is a rovios 3 packs and switch out to custom 3 packs. (ok there will only be about 14 levels to start with)

what id like from at least 4-5 people is what order we should put the current levels in. Should i stick with the order we have (the order they were written )or should we look for a different order,ie try to order by difficulty

So propose and order you think they should be in.

NEXT i need to set the 3 start levels for the custom levels,as at the moment they use the *level of what ever they replaced.

Now if you wait on me doing all this, it'll take longer for me get this released. SO some of you whove played them all, have a quik run through them again and suggest what score should mean 2* and what score should mean 3* if every one does this for a few levels. i'll collate them

Once this is done. I will release the zipped tar file and ask that ONLY linux users try it out with my instruction. Then we can alter the instructions as needed and try to make sure this is a simple process.

anyone that wants to help can PM me.

Cheers Craig
Now this may still take me a bit of time as im fairly busy but i thought id run my plans out, in the hop that someone can do some of the above

Cheers
Craig

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
cheers for this, gotta feed the addiction till they sort the ovi store out.

Ok ive got 4 scripts workin.
1 setup script.
1 change to custom
1 change to rovio
1 return to standard set up.

SO i need a couple of people who understand linux to test my scripts
drop me a pm if you can help. and i'll probably get the scripts to you monday night