Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
I really want Flash 10.1 on n900...........

The Following User Says Thank You to gohan2091 For This Useful Post:
I just want my battery to last me a full 13 hours before dieing. Seems like the N900 doesn't know when it is the right time to rev the engine or slow things down to conserve on power. Also the last update caused soo many little quirks, like losing my entire contacts ... thank god for the backup. The maps service becoming in line with the experience offered on Symbian would also be a great step.

Nokia will make, N900 brew coffee for you every morning and do your laundry.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Hoping that OVI 3.0 will come with PR1.2!!!!!! Got an email from Nokia saying that its been released and to come and get it now i click on the link and its not available for N900!!! It's rediculous N900 is basically the flagship of Nokia now, yet they dont even release 3.0 on N900!!

Originally Posted by somedude View Post

BAHAHAHAH that would be gold, if only it could light you a cigarette too, and take you to the toilet. That would fully complete my N900 experience!

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by RenegadeFanboy View Post
Here is the news for you: Nokia is bringing Qt 4.6 in PR1.2 (to be released by end of February), solely for the reason, so they can get Ovi Maps 3.0 up and running on N900, too.

We will get free navigation in March as every other Nokia smartphone!!4!

I've learned the above from my source just today and while I cannot name him, I can say I trusted him before!

how about provisioning?

Originally Posted by blwthompson View Post
Hoping that OVI 3.0 will come with PR1.2!!!!!! Got an email from Nokia saying that its been released and to come and get it now i click on the link and its not available for N900!!! It's rediculous N900 is basically the flagship of Nokia now, yet they dont even release 3.0 on N900!!
What good would 3.0 be on the N900? Considering the 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 you reference are for the symbian version, taking the symbian version and plopping it onto Maemo would result in a not working Ovi Maps.

What you likely are after is an improved Ovi Maps (though that's irrelevant from versioning number since versions of Ovi Maps are OS specific).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Only after you upgrade the coffeemaker and washing machine. Mine don't have bluetooth or USB.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Sorry Ossipena, I live in a part of the world prone to microclimates which are nigh on impossible to predict. You can have bright sunshine a couple of miles away from lying snow, or thick fog. As a result no-one believes the weather forecast - it's a bit of a joke.

I'm well aware of the huge effort and amazing technology that goes into meteorology, but down here the weather forecast is as likely to be right as someone tweeting (or posting) rumours from 'a reliable source' they won't name.
yes. my point was your analogy that put those two to the same line. One can come up with a rumor with zero effort and even less knowledge but getting to same accuracy with weather forecasts is statistically impossible for normal people who know nothing about the algorithms etc.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
yes. my point was your analogy that put those two to the same line. One can come up with a rumor with zero effort and even less knowledge but getting to same accuracy with weather forecasts is statistically impossible for normal people who know nothing about the algorithms etc.
My analogy wasn't meant to look at the complexity of providing the information. It was comparing the believeability for the information-receiver. In that respect, the analogy stands. Sometimes, metaphors need to be allowed to make their one point without being pushed to other areas. (Thus spake the preacher!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:

Tags
irrationality rules, nokiapple rocks, rumors better than tumors