Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
N900 research tools... >> CLICK <<
Great stuff Dude! Lovet it

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hey Guber99, can we count on you to troll at MeeGo.com, or do you have other plans?

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Hey Guber99, can we count on you to troll at MeeGo.com, or do you have other plans?
You think the Meego will be Amigo to my N900.....provisioning and all? I do like your new Avatar

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Sorry, I saw that word and my eyes glazed over.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
Hey Fartus, I guess nokia UK is better than nokia US, yet its a much bigger market.........go figure
Well apparently from your posts about their market share it isn't. The mobile markets in Europe are a lot more developed than the US in general probably due to population density making the investment in cell networks more viable earlier. The use of CB radio and the like in the US also reduced the chance for product development earlier.

I'm assuming the name change for me was just a typo rather than a purile attempt at insult.

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
lol its just like I have to write codes to the ECU to make the tomtom work. What about people who dont go on forums? they will never b able to use the camera..
It works over gtalk on SOME situations. there is no gtalk in uk and the "in some situations" looks like the tomtom will only work in London, and it MAY NOT work in Manchester, or Liverpool, or Birmingham...
Actually this is more a limitation of GTalk protocol and services rather than the N900. The camera works fine in the UK over Cell and WiFi for GTalk conversations assuming that the client you are talking to can cope with Video conversations too. The N900 can't magically fix something at the other end of the conversation.

The camera works, whether developers decide to include it in their applications is another thing. If you find an application that you would like to use the camera for then ask the developer to add it. Some protocols such as Skype are closed asnd therefore only the owner of that protocol can add it or provide information to allow others to do so - that isn't anyone else's fault.

This is supposed to be device about communication, that integrates YOUR communication, and it fails in the most common use of communication: EMAIL!!!!
It uses email fine, just that the security aspects of some combinations of provisioning don't.

It succeeds for unemployed and teenagers........I agree......from that standpoint this is a restricted device and disengeniously advertised..........
I'm not unemplyed and I've not been a teenager for a considerable length of time. I use the N900 for sensible emails not for those that need to be secure as the device itself can be removed from my person, same as any other phone. If the company in question needed serious security around their emails then they wouldn't be allowing use by a) a privately owned mobile and b) by a mobile in the first place!

I heard the Music player (part of multemedia) doesnt do its job properly.. tags
front cam is another example of multimedia which doesnt work out of the box....
whats left for multimedia? "being open-source" doesnt make it a multimedia device.. only flash integration???
Multimedia strictly speaking means more than one so technically a screen AND audio means multimedia!

Front Camera works fine, some of the apps don't support it, that's all. Ask the developers of the apps that you want to support it.

Tags in music - mine work fine but then I didn't want that to be the main purpose of my device or I would have bought an MP3 player instead!

I Agree. N series is for multimedia..
N95 had its own style of sliding both ways - one way for multimedia keys..
N900 however, u cannot even pause a song without unlocking the screen.. not even with the headset... U cannot skip tracks with the headset..
Also I havent noticed it, but I read the music doesnt stop playing when u receive a call ( i have no idea to what extent this is true)..
It even fails in the area of being a N-Series Phone...
So now you are complaining that there is too much media? LOL. Sorry - couldn't resist that!

If the phone doesn't mute the music then this is indeed something that either the phone app software or media player should address. Not sure if this is that the phone app isn't broadcasting a message to say that a call is in progress or the media player is ignoring it.

Tags
disclose before selling, extremism rules!, flamewar, here be ranting, learn before buying, misery loves company, never blame nokia, provisioning, troll, wgaf