Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
i think many people are making things look bad because it wont support maemo 6/meego or whatever it is. I dont see how that makes the n900 any worse, you dont always have to have the latest software, maemo 5 is great as it is. Even if you cant get the maemo 6 on it, I wouldnt mind keeping the n900 for at least another year. And we barely even have any details on it so why do we like it so much? Windows vista came out after xp but its crap, xp is still on top. So we cant necessarily say that maemo 6 WILL be better.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waleed786 For This Useful Post:
dont worry i will not whine

I've used s60, winmo, android,. and now i want a more internet usable device with a qwerty keyboard and since linux is not strange to me , i really got my eye on the n900... I can wait a little longer,..i guess i'll see how the sitation is revolving.... and I have no doubt that the N900 will still be a great device in the years to come. Thanks for your opinions.

i thought of selling it, but then when i put it up for sale i couldnt see myself without it, its still really good even if it doesnt get maemo 6 or even meego

The Following User Says Thank You to salawat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
... I wouldnt mind keeping the n900 for at least another year....
You bough a $600+ phone only to use it for a year?

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
if I were you I'd look at alternatives like the droid.
Which is fairly closed, has no hope of any sort of community support, and will be lucky to see any updates past Android 2.1. Oh sure, you have Cyanogen but then you're covering for Motorola.

But that's -better-, of course. Welcome to t.m.o, enjoy the FUD.

Last edited by wmarone; 2010-02-16 at 18:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
But that's -better-, of course. Welcome to t.m.o, enjoy the FUD.
Well thankyou!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I'm not a fan of closed environments such as the droid and osx, I really like the community element in the entire picture. I've just read that Qt apps will be a go on the n900... so i'm pretty much shaping up my mind. But for the best, i'll just wait a while..a week or two.

throw away all your good exp with nokia, worth nothing
if you are not a fan of linux, and if you ALSO need this thing as phone and day by day usage, don't buy it.
99% i'll be selling my unit as soon as I can get an htc android with 800x480 screen

I'm about to take the plunge. I'm actually somewhat satisfied with my jail broken iphone besides the lack of true multitasking (huge), camera (big), and its laggy. Been drinking the nokia koolaid for a while - n95, 5800, n79, n97, I generally love the hardware but have grown to see symbian is just so far behind... on the flipside, the user interface of maemo is far too intriguing to me to pass it up, I'm really looking forward to it. Moreover, the community here seems really cool

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
You bough a $600+ phone only to use it for a year?
yea i get bored quickly, im always switching my phones..I actually only spent $370 on it so Itll probably be worth at least $300 next year if I were to resell it...so $70 to use an n900 for about a year, seems okay to me.