Closed Thread
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
My guess is that there is something to allow the protected download of paid apps from Ovi store. Apt, in fact, is one of the upgraded packages.

EDIT: now I see I was right: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=530053&postcount=8

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
My guess is that there is something to allow the protected download of paid apps from Ovi store. Apt, in fact, is one of the upgraded packages.
nicely spotted - ovi store was/is down too - so hopefully
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Pessimism = Notice absolutely no difference. Scrolling is no faster, transitions are no faster, everything is exactly as it was before.

optimimism - Nothing went wrong and the device is working well
I fail to see how my post is pessimistic or optimistic. It simply is.

I am just stating a fact. Emotions don't have to be put into everything.

Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
I fail to see how my post is pessimistic or optimistic. It simply is.

I am just stating a fact. Emotions don't have to be put into everything.
hehe true - i was just posting the other view
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

How much space do I need to update? This rootfs space is the biggest **** on the n900... Why would I want a 32Gb phone if it is always sayingh that memory is full!?

After the update how free is the rootfs?

Hi,

I have done the Update over NSU. However, while all the files are still on the SD card/ Phone Memory, neither photos, nor music is shown in the media player/ photo viewer. I have waited for the file manager to update the lists and still nothing after an hour or more. Thanks, any advice appreciated. I tried to reinstall the update over NSU with same success.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wizbowes View Post
Old version was: 9.0.246.0.

You tell me the new one - you have it installed
Funny since it shows exactly the same version...

Originally Posted by ezcola View Post
A bit off-topic but related to my post:
I just tested my Flash player version at adobe website...
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
...and it tells me my Flash version is 9.0.240.0.

My question is that wasn't N900 suppose to have Flash 9.4 to begin with???
I know that this probably has something to do with not identical versions with x86 versions but still I find this odd.
Couldn't it cause problems if websites see the version as 9.0 instead of 9.4??

Originally Posted by rickrvo View Post
How much space do I need to update? This rootfs space is the biggest **** on the n900... Why would I want a 32Gb phone if it is always sayingh that memory is full!?

After the update how free is the rootfs?
rick you will need somewhere greater then 43mb.

The rootfs is on a separate (and i think) faster chip then the rest. This enables the N900 to be quick (Again i think).

Most applications are optified, meaning very little goes in there, and most of it gets stored on the rest of the device.

If you use testing/dev apps, you may have un optified apps. thats just life unfortunatley

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
6.15 in Leeds, UK, and still no sign of this elusive update....drats drats and double drats!

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
That's the Global version I believe.
From Nokia UK/unlocked it should have 203
Yeah I realised that since my post. If I want to install the UK variant of 1.1.1 then I can just flash with the bin file (once it's available) over my current 1.1 global FW right? I.e. I don't need to flash to UK variant 1.1 first.

Another question, updating via flashing (to whatever FW version) means I have to restore backup (to get my contacts etc) and re-install apps afterwards whereas with an OTA update all of those things stay intact. Is that correct?

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update