Notices

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on this. I was using my N900 PR1.1 with portrait-mode browsing just fine till I installed HideUserAgent to mask the browser to be Android in order to use Google Buzz (damned Google and their lack of development for N900).

Anyway after that everything seemed fine for a while but eventually my phone crashed and rebooted while browsing. Now I have a bunch of apps from extras-devel so I wasnt too surprised but since that crash, portrait mode on MicroB is gone, seemingly for good!

Hearing of the new PR1.1.1 update, I quickly installed the update hoping it would fix my MicroB. Sadly, I still do not have portrait mode and no amount of Ctrl+Shift+O and rebooting seems to work.

Any ideas? And please don't say flash the firmware, thats the last resort for me

Thanks in advance.

Vern

NO it's not ... i still have it ... in fact, i don't even need to activate it ...

did u turn the phone after pressing the keys??

once i pressed it,, nothing hapened, but now it turns when i turn my phone in portrait..

works fine for me ... do not need to activate either.

Hi guys,

@vietn900

I'm not suggesting that any update broke the portrait mode, I'm just saying that its broken on mine and the update didn't fix it. Was hoping someone here knew something about this that I didnt

@ UNderworld and hippo

Yes, I did turn the phone after pressing the keyboard combo and closing the slider. As I mentioned in my first post, I have been using it happily till recently.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you didn't need to activate it, do you mean you didnt have to press the Ctrl+Shift+O combo to enable portrait mode? As I understand it, you need to do that once to enable portrait mode, then from there on you just tilt the phone when the slider is closed to switch. Is that what you guys are doing?

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Sound like your accelerometer isn't reading XY properly. Try playing a motion game and see.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Hi christexaport,

Thanks for the suggestion! I had not considered that. Unfortunately, Bounce works just as it always has using the accelerometer so it doesn't look like thats the problem...

try ctrl+shift+o again, if not take the battery out without turning off.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Back up and re-flash.

Hi somedude,

Tried Ctrl+Shift+O many times already, still no go. Could you please elaborate on why you suggest to take the battery out without turning off? I ask because I am not too keen to do that too often if its not necessary