Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Well, it's a showstopper for me, because I can't edit the wiki.
Go to your profile. Re-enter your email address, and make any other changes you fancy, and hit save. See what happens - I got another validation email, after which I was able to edit the wiki. By then I'd lost the page, of course...

Don't give up here Texrat! This is the first test of determination.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I signed up to the work-group. So they will either have to 'fess up that they don't want end-users or deal with us from day one.
Who is this "they"? ;-)

The only thing I'm concerned about, with the volume of the Maemo community, is so utterly swamping the (relatively) small Moblin community that the MeeGo community has no chance to form.

Given there are so many outstanding questions to decide (which are partially driven from technical matters like N900 and N8x0 backports) like whether maemo.org continues to exist as a separate entity for Maemo <6, it's worth getting stuff right.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
For now I've decided to stay out of it. Harmattan will still be .deb-based as far as I understand, so I'll stay with maemo.org up to that and then move away when Meego goes all .rpm. It's unlikely I'll join in on any package format discussions that may occur, that's mostly a waste of energy - I simply move away if it doesn't fit me.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
so has anyone else registered at Meego? And am I the only one that is surprised by the lack of any REAL info on there?
We're working on something to enable using your maemo.org account at MeeGo via OpenID.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Gadgety View Post

http://lists.meego.com/listinfo/meego-dev

Be aware that it will flood your inbox though as it is the equivalent to subscribing to a thread here. You can also subscribe to digests.

Enjoy!
My turn to ask:

I've been busy with other things since registering at Meego.com and I'm getting the developer mails, but I'm not getting any mails from my subcription to the meego-community mail.

Are there really no mails in the community?

I've got a Welcome mail to the list, and my Meego account shows I'm subscribing to the community mail.

The community ML was broken, it only really got started yesterday.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: