I didnt find these common features in Maemo 5

a. Service command that ends with # and do specific purpose regarding netwrok services. Like *124# is for balance inquiry in Ufone Pakistan, *161*15 digit card code# for recharge in Saudi Arabia ZAIN. If you try it with even Nokia 1100, it is there, but Nokia N900 does not support this and say that Invalid Phone Number.. This is a very common and important feature.. And should be considered in the updates

b. Sending blank sms is not allowed by Maemo 5. It stops you and say to write text. Sometimes you need to send blank sms..

c. Only two profiles. You dont have option to add more profiles. You cannot specify a group to which the ringer alerts you even the phone is in silent mode.

d. If your phone turns off while anyone is ringing you due to low battery, all the missed calls does not store in the log. You dont get any alert and cannot even identify the person who was calling you.

e. While you connects it to a charger, the screen light doesnot fade off automatically.

f. There should be an option of Automatically lock after 1 min time. The current minimum time is 5 min.

g. There should be an option of handwriting recognition while writing something like sms.

h. There should be option for saving the draft sms(more than one).. Also to save inbox and sent sms in folders of your own choice.

i. MMS should be included.

j. Video call option should be added and with the skype also.

I think all the features I mentioned are very important and will build its reputation very much...

Please use search in the forum, alot of what you ask for has already been included with applications!

You can have more than 1 profile!
MMS is available!
Screen fading is in settings.
Service commands are possible with application.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
I didnt find these common features in Maemo 5

a. Service command that ends with # and do specific purpose regarding netwrok services. Like *124# is for balance inquiry in Ufone Pakistan, *161*15 digit card code# for recharge in Saudi Arabia ZAIN. If you try it with even Nokia 1100, it is there, but Nokia N900 does not support this and say that Invalid Phone Number.. This is a very common and important feature.. And should be considered in the updates

b. Sending blank sms is not allowed by Maemo 5. It stops you and say to write text. Sometimes you need to send blank sms..

c. Only two profiles. You dont have option to add more profiles. You cannot specify a group to which the ringer alerts you even the phone is in silent mode.

d. If your phone turns off while anyone is ringing you due to low battery, all the missed calls does not store in the log. You dont get any alert and cannot even identify the person who was calling you.

e. While you connects it to a charger, the screen light doesnot fade off automatically.

f. There should be an option of Automatically lock after 1 min time. The current minimum time is 5 min.

g. There should be an option of handwriting recognition while writing something like sms.

h. There should be option for saving the draft sms(more than one).. Also to save inbox and sent sms in folders of your own choice.

j. Video call option should be added and with the skype also.

I think all the features I mentioned are very important and will build its reputation very much...
a. This has been discussed thoroughly in this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32878
You can also find there some scripts that will help you send it.

c. http://maemocentral.com/2010/01/09/t...-to-your-n900/

e. Settings -> Display -> uncheck "display stays lit when charging"

i. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=fmms - goodluck with that, I never managed to send nor receive any MMS with this app.

Regarding everything you mentioned, including the community suggested workarounds that I linked here, I can only agree with you - this should be included with the manufacturer software.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
b). would sending a period or underscore instead work?

I'm curious of your usecase of sending blank sms...
I'd imagine the developer doesn't let you send blank sms to avoid erroneous action.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
a. Service command that ends with # and do specific purpose regarding netwrok services.
On the way, see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5357 (Feel free to click "Vote for this bug", but do NOT add a comment like "I want this too" as the report is noisy enough already.)

See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5409 and feel free to click "Vote for this bug". Again: Please no "Same problem here" comments that only create bugmail for everybody.

You get several low battery warnings before already - if not, something is wrong.

h. Also to save inbox and sent sms in folders of your own choice.
See http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...l_email_client and vote.

Available via 3rd party fMMS package.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
i. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=fmms - goodluck with that, I never managed to send nor receive any MMS with this app.

Regarding everything you mentioned, including the community suggested workarounds that I linked here, I can only agree with you - this should be included with the manufacturer software.
Are you aware there is an fMMS thread that discusses problems? Why don't I see any contributions from you? The only way to solve some problems is by communicating about them with programmers.

If I missed comments from you in that thread, please correct me. I looked for them but could have missed something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
That is not true. Mine does.

Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
That is not true. Mine does.
Settings -> Display -> Display stays lit when chragin [on/off]

The Following User Says Thank You to amoult For This Useful Post:
Maybe I've missed it, but I can't see one basic common feature that's on virtually every other phone (smart or not) - notification of missed calls, sms or voicemails, on the home screen or on the status bar. A count of unread emails or IMs would be good too.

Is there any app that provides this much missed functionality? i.e. a compact set of icons which show the counts of missed events of each type, along the lines of PocketMax's PhoneAlarm?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
Maybe I've missed it, but I can't see one basic common feature that's on virtually every other phone (smart or not) - notification of missed calls, sms or voicemails, on the home screen or on the status bar. A count of unread emails or IMs would be good too.

Is there any app that provides this much missed functionality? i.e. a compact set of icons which show the counts of missed events of each type, along the lines of PocketMax's PhoneAlarm?
Yeah. I've been thinking that too. Maybe it's something we've missed. Anyone?