Closed Thread
You don't have to wait for anything to 'arrive' as such, it's just to visit the application manager and do an update. And there it'll be waiting.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Ads View Post
Hi guys - sorry if I'm being a bit thick here, or missing the jokes or whatever, but I am in the UK and got the phone sim free from the Nokia Online shop, and my update appeared around midnight last night and all installed fine. So it arrived in my town! Unless due to some other random Nokia mistake (I've had several already), maybe I have a global phone?!?! (Or I've just missed the jokes - I'm sure I've read that other UK people on here downloaded it before me, but I was reading that late last night!).
What's the version number shown in Settings/About product?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
There's something changed in the music player.
When you're playing a song and tap on the DJ Desk, and selecting a other song you have to tap it 2 times. 1 time = stop playing music, 2 times= playing the song

Originally Posted by Ads View Post
Hi guys - sorry if I'm being a bit thick here, or missing the jokes or whatever, but I am in the UK and got the phone sim free from the Nokia Online shop, and my update appeared around midnight last night and all installed fine. So it arrived in my town! Unless due to some other random Nokia mistake (I've had several already), maybe I have a global phone?!?! (Or I've just missed the jokes - I'm sure I've read that other UK people on here downloaded it before me, but I was reading that late last night!).
Please go into "Settings->About phone" and let us know the version number of the phone you have. It will help us know if you have a UK unlocked or global phone, and then we'll have to wonder why the rest of us are waiting for our update

Edit: beaten, what Rob1n said ^^

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Engerland
Originally Posted by semiloose View Post
i'm hope this upgrade will fix my music/media indexing problem... still cant see any of media files..
I broke this by messing with visudo/sudo. Might be worth a look.....

<sings> Why are we waiting, Why are we waiting ..... (repeat to fade) </sings>

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
It's probably not that clever to start joking around to a thread full of people waiting for firmware updates.. let alone wasting people's time and putting more useless spam in a thread already full of it and hard enough to read as it is...

And on that note, before someone tells us that the UK firmware update is not availble in <insert UK city, town, or village here>, yes we know. We know you dont have it, because the rest of us dont have it either. There's no need to update us until you DO have it.

Neither the UK Nokia unlocked or Vodafone specific versions of the update have been released yet. Once they are released someone will say so (hopefully not crying wolf this time). We'll all be able to update then, and hopefully the thread will remain spam free for for helping people who might be having problems following their upgrade.
Consider me bad, scolded, whatever. Humour is obviously lacking so I wont do it again. MeeGo somewhere else to troll and bait..

Originally Posted by arnoldthebat View Post
Consider me bad, scolded, whatever. Humour is obviously lacking so I wont do it again. MeeGo somewhere else to troll and bait..
Hush you, arnoldthebadegg!

You have all the humour of an episode of Eastenders.

Semiloose, did you try restarting the indexer tracker? You can find details to do so on here or on the vodafone forum. I don't imagine the new update is going to change much on that end, you should be able to see the media files now. Restart it and let it index them again, see if it works.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
on the nokia software update site i checked my product code and this site said that 2.2010 was te latest available. How is this possible? You all have the new version. Mine is a UK CV phone?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by nielsvg View Post
on the nokia software update site i checked my product code and this site said that 2.2010 was te latest available. How is this possible? You all have the new version. Mine is a UK CV phone?
The latest version is 3.2010.02-8 (which I assume is what you got told, as there's not been a 2.2010 version), which certainly isn't available OTA here yet, though it may be available in NSU (I've not checked).

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The latest version is 3.2010.02-8 (which I assume is what you got told, as there's not been a 2.2010 version), which certainly isn't available OTA here yet, though it may be available in NSU (I've not checked).
For the moment i got the version of january. with nsu program and site he still keeps saying that this is the latest version??? can someone help me?

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update