Active Topics

Closed Thread
It would be helpful if, aswell as alerting us that the update has became available on your phone, that you include the firmware version and location in your post.

Again, you can get the version by "settings-> About"

You can find your location by looking at the address on a recently received letter

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Ok, false alarm. You don't have Uk firmware.

Riight Netherlands version, that bit would have been helpful to include in your original post!!
This isn't a Netherlands version, so I didn't mention that - a previous N900 I had was a Netherlands version.
Then again, saying that, no idea what this one is. As I said in my previous post - this has been purchased from Nokia UK - so no idea why I don't have the UK firmware (other than as before they like to switch and swap what versions of phones they send to people - hence the last one I had that was destined for the Netherlands but ended up in the UK).

No worries though - If I've got the global Frimware, sorry to ring a false alarm - but it came as standard on my UK (or delivered to UK from Nokia UK) N900.

Hope you guys don't have to wait too long.

Originally Posted by Ads View Post
No worries though - If I've got the global Frimware, sorry to ring a false alarm - but it came as standard on my UK (or delivered to UK from Nokia UK) N900.
No problem, it can be confusing especially if you received one with the global firmware rather than a UK specific one. A lot of people have flashed it themselves. It's difficult to weed out which ones are which unless we can get people to start including their firmware versions along with their proclamations of instant update ecstacy!

I've just noticed PR1.1 got pulled from NSU for 205 UK Vodafone

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
I seem to have much better battery life after update. I'm a heavy user on N900, normally have to plug it in at least twice a day. But here we are at almost lunch time and I'm still about 80% full on battery. I've been using FM transmitter on my drive to work, browsing, took 2 phone calls over skype, and been using bluetooth headseat to listen to a podcast for the past few hours. Seems to be retaining more of a charge on the battery since the update...in my opinion.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That's what everyone else on the UK firmware (203/205) is getting as well, so don't feel left out.
ok thanks i tought i saw other uk phones already updated. What does it mean in the prodcut code UK CV? i bought an english phone but i'm from belgium

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
I've just noticed PR1.1 got pulled from NSU for 205 UK Vodafone
What would this mean as far as 1.1.1 goes?

shouldnt affect anyone (like me) with a MPD vodafone 203 would it?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
No problem, it can be confusing especially if you received one with the global firmware rather than a UK specific one. A lot of people have flashed it themselves. It's difficult to weed out which ones are which unless we can get people to start including their firmware versions along with their proclamations of instant update ecstacy!
Quite understandable, I only remembered the suffix on the version after reading these posts - after the trauma of going through three N900's after preordering - I mistakenly assumed I now had a fully working UK version! (The last one (Netherlands version had disabled FMTX etc, after a duff microphone).

Do you think that is something I should be worried about? Probably not if many people are flashing to the global version anyway.

This is really gettin on my nerves!! Still no update in the uk on voda!!!

I wish, I wish, I wish everyone from the UK would shhhhhhhhh until you've actually got that sucker downloading

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update