Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I am not going to read all pages just to find what this is about. i read several initial pages...nobody say anything and understand what this update is about. I am not going to waste my time trying to figure this out plus from what i read...nobody notice any difference...so ia m not going to update then.
So you are not going to put in any effort at all and expect magically things to happen. Good luck with that.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ericj23 View Post
Im not going to read all thousand posts - so why am I not getting this update?

I'm on vodafone, but this was bought from the nokia store - so any ideas what to do ????

Just sit and wait ?
basically yes...
or flash like me :P

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by ericj23 View Post
Im not going to read all thousand posts - so why am I not getting this update?

I'm on vodafone, but this was bought from the nokia store - so any ideas what to do ????

Just sit and wait ?
Because you don't want it enough.

Yes, I know what to do.

You could search the thread for an answer. Actually less typing than your post.

The Following User Says Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:
I don't know how anyone who cannot be bothered to read/search through posts and demands people tell them information get ANY 'thanks'.

You aren't getting the update because your username has numbers in it which is confusing the package manager, you may have to delete your user account and recreate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to LondonBenji For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
This means you have some programs or libraries installed which depends on those who are in conflict with the new ones.

I, for example, had to deinstall battery-eye before I could install the new firmware OTA. (Because the are some new python-maemo files)

nicolai
I had battery-eye installed. Then I updated to PR1.1.1 over-the-air and absolute no problems. I just made sure to have enough space in rootfs. The update went through, no problems, auto-reboot, and battery-eye and sshd and rsyncd all worked as seemless as before. I don't think battery-eye is any evil. If python libs are updated, very good, why should this be a problem for another software which just *uses* that lib? System updates would be impossible if that were a problem in general.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
i am on 2.2009.51-1, 60 mb free on rootfs, vodafone germany,
but there is no update available for me, very confusing....
You should also check that you've not (at some point) uninstalled the core update file. In X Terminal, run:
Code:
dpkg -l "mp-fremantle-*"
If it's marked as "un" then you'll need to re-install the package (should be mp-fremantle-generic-pr for Europe I think).

are we gonna be the last to update in the UK still nothing over the air!!

Yes. Basically everytime someone from the UK whines about not getting the update, Nokia puts back the release time another hour.

No ive not recieved any update over the air either, keep checking and nothing

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by arnoldthebat View Post
Unfortunately the real reason we haven't got the update is that Nokia are not supporting the UK anymore. They (Nokia) say we all moan and whinge far too much so they wont give us anymore firmware
heeheehee

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update