Hi everyone, after updating my phone I decided to reflash using NSU and went successfully but when I reinstalled the conversation widget, when tapping it, it will no longer open conversation and only displays new messages. It used to be able to show how many threads are open and was able to directly open conversation from the desktop widget. Pryor to the update, I think there was an update on conversation widget that made it able to open the thread but I could not remember. I wonder if anyone can help. and yes I have rebooted several times...

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
I had some problem with subtitles support in past and I decided to remove it. Author actually wrote somewhere that after removal of very first version of subtitle support it is needed to force reinstallation of gstream renderer package. I did it and checked that all remnants of subtitle support were deleted.

So, I suggest you to run in root shell (X-Term) the following -

apt-get install --reinstall mafw-gst-renderer

AFTER upgrade to PR1.1.1
Color me confused. Do I just remove the subtitles support app and then run the command you mentioned, or are you saying that I have to wait for the next update?

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Move microb directory back and reboot:

rm /usr/share/microb-engine
mv /home/opt/microb-engine /usr/share/microb-engine

EDIT: but it may not help if update installed something to /usr/share/microb-engine ... you may need reflash.

wouldn't the rm /usr/share/microb-engine command delete all the files in that directory?

and once i move the files back with

do i have to link them like i did when i moved them the first time?

for example would i need to run

ln -s /usr/share/microb-engine /home/opt/microb-engine

?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by epson800 View Post
wouldn't the rm /usr/share/microb-engine command delete all the files in that directory?
No, because that's currently not a directory, it's a symbolic link.

Originally Posted by epson800 View Post
and once i move the files back with

do i have to link them like i did when i moved them the first time?
No - you only had to link them because you'd moved them from their original location. The link allows the application to keep looking in the same place and still get to the files. You're now putting them back in the correct location, so no link is needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by barc0de View Post
Color me confused. Do I just remove the subtitles support app and then run the command you mentioned, or are you saying that I have to wait for the next update?
You should "remove the subtitles support app and then run the command". PR1.1.1 was released yesterday (in US time).

This command reinstalls mafw-gst-renderer which was replaced by subtitles support to another binary but some version of subtitle support incorrectly doesn't restore it back during package removal.

Usual warning - do backup, be prepare for re-flashing etc. Sorry, but this is a complicated issue because I don't know for sure your environment but I got a similar issue with subtitles support in past and I fixed it with re-installation of mafw-gst-renderer.

Last edited by egoshin; 2010-02-17 at 19:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
after i wrote that i got guttsy and just went ahead and did it without the rm command before i read your last post, anyways things are working now

thanks for your help

@egoshin

Cheers mate, you're a life-saver =) No side effects so far!

may I suggest apt-get autoremove after that for clearing up some space?

Last edited by barc0de; 2010-02-17 at 23:00.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Run it with '-s' first and see - what would be removed.

EDIT: don't forget to reboot - its clears something in root FS.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Originally Posted by gom4381 View Post
i had wifi issues. i have a dir-655 router and my n900 didnt work in a wpa2 only mode. i to set up the wpa2 cipher to aes instead of tkip or aes/tkip. there seemed to be issues with my wifi on n900 until i changed to settings on the router. if that is not doable then add the access point from the settings menu and dont check wpa2 only mode. hope i help.
dear all
did solution is sol yet? please tell me how to use WPA2 with AES/TKIP,thanks