Notices

I cant connect to msn on 3g network but ok with wifi, is something wrong?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by taril View Post
Any solution for file transfer via MSN?
I think MSN Pecan do that!!

http://felipec.wordpress.com/2010/02...anks-valgrind/

The Following User Says Thank You to salah99 For This Useful Post:
I tried the latest pecan build from extras-devel, it is still making my battery warm when the phone is in standby with noticeable battery drain.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by nef View Post
The latest version of Pecan seems to drain more battery life, at least for me. When I'm online, the n900 becomes slightly warm but as soon as i disconnect, the n900 cools down and battery drain decreases significantly.

Has anyone else made this observation?
I have this problem to. I would like to always be signed in to my im accounts but as soon as i log in to msn through Pecan the battery starts draining.

today i noticed something strange msn haze is out of testing & devel it is in meamo.org repo which means extras so i gave it a try but again i cant manage to change my nickname am always stuck with my soo so old nickname i used to use in the msn messenger days (b4 wlm get relseased) anyone knows how to solve this issue on haze??

Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
I think MSN Pecan do that!!

http://felipec.wordpress.com/2010/02...anks-valgrind/
does msn pecan even work? i tried on 3 n900 with 3G and wifi never signs in.....might explain why its not gone from extra devel/testing

i'd like to use pecan as i dont want other service except msn but it simply does not work , tried on my old n900 and my replacement and also a friends one.

if u need msn get pidgin version (haze)

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
does msn pecan even work?
MSN Pecan works just fine with my N900 and on my friend's N900. Over wifi and also over 3g. Try enabling the http setting in the Advanced section of msn pecan.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
does msn pecan even work? i tried on 3 n900 with 3G and wifi never signs in.....might explain why its not gone from extra devel/testing

i'd like to use pecan as i dont want other service except msn but it simply does not work , tried on my old n900 and my replacement and also a friends one.
Well, it's hard to fix bugs when they are not reported. Please go to msn-pecan's issue tracker.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
What is Butterfly MSN, where can I find it, does videocall work with it?
Ive installed it, but it does not appear! Should I remove the Conversation plugin witz Application Manager first?

Last edited by taril; 2010-02-19 at 12:16.

Works for me, although I'm no longer now logging into MSN as a matter of course, instead focussing more on gtalk /skype / facebook (in that order). There's a limit.!

If you can't connect via 3G it's more likely to be a carrier/tariff issue. Some providers prevent use of voip/IM on certain tariffs. Other's have this in T&C but don't enforce.

I've stayed with 3Uk, one of the big reasons being that ever since they launched their first decent data tariff (xseries) about 3 years ago, there's been no blocking/restrictions & a decent (for 5 UKP pcm) 1Gb fair use policy (rumour is hard cap is at 2Gb)