Active Topics

Notices

Soap77,
Thanks, that confirms my understanding that after SMS message gets longer than 160 characters, the message will be split into separate 153-character messages

Hartti

version 0.2.0 of the SMS Counter Widget is now available in the extras-devel repository

Changes
* Added settings to change the tracking period start day
* Multi-part SMS messages are counted properly (as multiple SMS messages)
* some cosmetic changes to the UI

I am sure there are some issues which I did not find myself, so please note them here (or in the bug tracker for this project
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?group_id=1284

Note also that deleting messages from the device will affect the counters (as the widget is not keeping track of the messages itself, but relying on the messages currently stored in the message database)

Hartti

The Following User Says Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
I Installed the update, but I only got a smaller empty black box on the desktop.
Tried to remove/add widget, and also restart the device, still same thing

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany / Osnabrück
Same problem for me as Soap77 mentioned.

same here...

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I have only installed the 0.2.0-1 from Devel and its just a black square with option to set start day of period.

No workie workie

Arrrrggggg.
Sorry guys.
Please use the version in this thread for now. I'll do some troubleshooting today.

Hartti

Same problem here. I also think that the "fahrplan"-app was (somehow) deinstalled after I had installed the SMSCounter (I will try it again when you have released the fixed version).

Sorry for that. The problem was that somehow I had left some old code in the final build, which should not have been there.
I have submitted a new version (0.2.1) to extras-devel which will fix this. Should be available soon (as soon as it gets though the build process...)

Hartti

The Following User Says Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
"I also think that the "fahrplan"-app was (somehow) deinstalled after I had installed the SMSCounter"

SMS counter consist only of two files. Also the installer restarts hildon-home so that the new widget becomes visible. No other applications should be affected.

Hartti