Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
Thanx lorelei, the thing is, I am a PC user, which folder does it correspond in the file manager? There is no user folder...I know I may sound stupid...
hmm, well the /home/user directory is hidden from the file manager. The only way to get to it is from the X-Terminal (or from an SSH connection to your device).

My personal advice: wait a few more days the time I pack Erminig-NG into an easily installable .deb package, and you will also benefit of a simple to use (I hope) GUI to manipulate the different settings.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
I have similar error (error message is Dutch: "kan de verzochte agenda niet openen")

I discovered this great tool today, and immediately started to play with it (version 0.1.2). I had to delete the .erminig.db file a few times, and re-run the erminig-ng --sync-calendars a few times (and created some extra google agendas) before I got the optimal organisation of my agendas.

Maybe this messing with synchronisations results in the error message ? Or it is an error related to the Dutch version of the messages ?

Originally Posted by Palleman View Post
New error:
Code:
Deleting Google event _60q30c1g60o30e1i60o4ac1g60rj8gpl88rj2c1h84s34h9g60s30c1g60o30c1g60o42h2264q32h2561346g9g64o30c1g60o30c1g60o30c1g60o32c1g60o30c1g8cr36c9i88p34h1k68pj8d1k610jih1g6gr4ce218p342dhl6gpg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "erminig-ng", line 524, in <module>
    syncNewEvents()
  File "erminig-ng", line 506, in syncNewEvents
    getDeletedEventsFromLocal(lastSync)
  File "erminig-ng", line 495, in getDeletedEventsFromLocal
    + googlecid + "/private/full/" + gid))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/calendar/service.py", line 76, in GetCalendarEventEntry
    return self.Get(uri, converter=gdata.calendar.CalendarEventEntryFromString)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/service.py", line 1050, in Get
    'reason': server_response.reason, 'body': result_body}
gdata.service.RequestError: {'status': 404, 'body': '<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">\n<title>Fel</title>\n<style type="text/css">body {font-family: arial,sans-serif}</style></head>\n<body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff"><table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td rowspan="3" width="1%" nowrap><b><font face="times" size="10"><font color="#0039b6">G</font> <font color="#c41200">o</font> <font color="#f3c518">o</font> <font color="#0039b6">g</font> <font color="#30a72f">l</font> <font color="#c41200">e</font></font>&nbsp;&nbsp;</b></td>\n<td>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n<tr><td bgcolor="#3366cc"><font face="arial,sans-serif" color="#ffffff"><b>Fel</b></font></td></tr>\n<tr><td>&nbsp;</td></tr></table>\n<blockquote>Du har inte \xc3\xa5tkomst till beg\xc3\xa4rd kalender</blockquote>\n<p></p>\n<div style="background:#3366cc; width:1px; height:4px"></div></body></html>', 'reason': 'Not Found'}
Edit: "Du har inte \xc3\xa5tkomst till beg\xc3\xa4rd kalender" translates to "You have no access to requested calendar".

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Lorelei, FYI: I've been running the tool several times a day since you last heard from me, and it's been working flawlessly. Sure, recurring events aren't there, and the events have no participants (which ought to be due to N900 calendar not supporting participants), but all events are synced the way they should be without any problems. This include all kinds of events added by me and others with permissions, and invitiations I accepted, tentatived or denied, no matter whether they first appeared in Outlook, Google or N900.

You know, I honestly hate to post things like this as I understand that you are doing this for free and I'm sure there are many people (not unlike myself) who really appreciate it.

But.... I just gotta ask; when do you think that deb file will be ready? All other apps have faded to the background in anticipation of this one. I think the community is gonna love it. I don't mean to rush you; if it's not ready I understand. I was just looking for some word on the progress. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Waykokid View Post
But.... I just gotta ask; when do you think that deb file will be ready? All other apps have faded to the background in anticipation of this one. I think the community is gonna love it. I don't mean to rush you; if it's not ready I understand. I was just looking for some word on the progress. Thanks.
Creating a deb at this point would likely be a waste of time. There isn't a GUI, so anyone capable of using erminig-ng installed from a deb, would still need to use the terminal to do so. If you know how to use the terminal, its not that difficult install this by hand.

I totally understand the question (in fact I was planning to post an update yesterday, fate decided otherwise)...and the answer is that I've been sick in the last two weeks (and still not recovered...), which made me make a temporary choice between my job and Erminig (couldn't find the energy to do both...). Anyways, today was also the culminating "stress-point" at work, after many weeks of preparation, so now I can relax a bit on that front, and devote some time to Erminig.

I agree with tuxfoo that making a .deb right now would not serve the community well, especially since the GUI is essentially done. It's just the integration of the GUI and core functionality that remains on the workbench, and this is the matter of a few hours of work.

I may revise the release plan and release a .deb version of Erminig with the GUI and the current core functionalities (i.e. without support of the recurring events) in a few days, so that I can get a higher rate of feedback on both fronts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tuxfoo View Post
Creating a deb at this point would likely be a waste of time. There isn't a GUI, so anyone capable of using erminig-ng installed from a deb, would still need to use the terminal to do so. If you know how to use the terminal, its not that difficult install this by hand.
Even though it would be nice with a GUI, GUI or not has nothing to do with using deb or not. If you install by hand you have no tracking of what's installed, no file-collision check, no easy uninstall etc. etc. If packages weren't needed for command-line only tools then at least ten thousand of the packages available for Debian would be unnecessary.

The above are general comments on packages v.s no packages. How bad it is obviously depends on how many files are involved etc. For testing of a single-binary tool it's not a problem to not have a .deb. Note, for testing.

NB: The above in no way should be taken as any kind of "demand" from my side as to when Erminig-NG should be made a package. They are just general comments to the question about packages vs. no packages for command line tools.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2010-02-18 at 11:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
I totally understand the question (in fact I was planning to post an update yesterday, fate decided otherwise)...and the answer is that I've been sick in the last two weeks (and still not recovered... - - snip - -
hope you feel better soon.

Hi there,

I have a quick question for the early adopters of Erminig-NG: do you need a migration path from the old database format to the new one, or is it OK for you to restart everything from scratch?

I ask this, since I'm nearing completion of the next major update, so I have to check if I should include some kind of migration script or not.

And here's another sneak peek at the finalized GUI. I've taken into account all propositions made in this thread (thank you guys for your input!). Most of the GUI is functional (i.e. it's not a mockup anymore), and I'm still chasing the last few known bugs. Then on to prepare a .deb package for easy distribution

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
I have a quick question for the early adopters of Erminig-NG: do you need a migration path from the old database format to the new one, or is it OK for you to restart everything from scratch?
Restarting from scratch is no problem for me.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization