Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by cinnur View Post
It appears I spoke too soon. Even with the latest version, when an alarm goes off, my desktop applets all crashed.
OK, then the next step is to try to generate a core file. Create the directory "/media/mmc2/core-dumps" (and "/media/mmc1/core-dumps" if you have an external MMC card) and see if you end up with a file in that directory after you experience this problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trollo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by SkyEagle View Post
Are you planning to port to N900/Mameo 5 platform ?
While it can theoretically be done with scratchbox, as a matter of policy I don't port to environments I don't have because of the support issues that would be involved. Right now, for example, I'm working on 2 obscure bugs, each reported by just 1 user, that are difficult enough even with the right hardware, and would be even more difficult without it. As I don't have an N900, I'm not working on a Maemo 5 version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trollo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by trollo View Post
While it can theoretically be done with scratchbox, as a matter of policy I don't port to environments I don't have because of the support issues that would be involved. Right now, for example, I'm working on 2 obscure bugs, each reported by just 1 user, that are difficult enough even with the right hardware, and would be even more difficult without it. As I don't have an N900, I'm not working on a Maemo 5 version.
Thanks anyway for the reply...

I hope that someone will do a decent PIM app for N900. The stanrdard one are really too basic :-(

It is very strange that no one is doing something in the "business" area for N900

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Trollo, just a suggestion. Your "Seqretary Recorder" is already the best sound recorder available for Diablo OS. Make it a separate application, incorporate the suggested improvements that can be found throughout this thread, then work on the maemo 5 version. The PIM and sound recorder are badly needed by the maemo community and I for one, would be willing to pay $50 to $100 through PayPal just for the improved sound recorder. There is nothing wrong in being compensated for the many hours that you spend in our behalf. I appreciate your quality apps!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Updated to 0.92.11-1 this morning. Will test PIM throughout the day. No apparent changes to sound recorder.

Would like to set the alarm sound once to be the default alarm.

Would like to set a daily alarm occuring monday through friday with a disable check box for when I am on vacation.

Would like to start in monthly calendar view.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-02-23 at 01:27. Reason: Additional thoughts on improvements

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
if the downloads.maemo.org entry is any indication, its a bug fix to stop unexpected crashes.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Feature Request for Seqretary Recorder:
"Timed Automatic Recording" to program the start and stop times for a recording.

Or at least a setable stop time or record time duration.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-02-26 at 17:53.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Fetaure request/help:

Managed to accidentally drag the seqretary applet so that it became so small it 'disappeared;. De-selected all other applets and tried to find it using the stylus but it seems impossible. Entered some events in seqretary - but that doesnt make the applet appear either.

Do I need to re-install to get the applet back?

It's a Hildon applet and I found the sqhomeapplet.desktop file but there are no size setting saved there. The X-Path point to libsqhomeapplet.so but not sure what to do at this point.

Solution and fix appreciated.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-04-16 at 17:39.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
You mean you can't see her little head (the icon) on the desktop? Maybe it's "under" another applet. Maybe go to Home > Select Applets ... and uncheck all of them except Seqretary. Then if needed, maybe uncheck and re-check Seqretary.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
You mean you can't see her little head (the icon) on the desktop? Maybe it's "under" another applet. Maybe go to Home > Select Applets ... and uncheck all of them except Seqretary. Then if needed, maybe uncheck and re-check Seqretary.
See my original post. I de-selected all apps for that reason. Nope, the little head is gone and I've un- and re-selected the seqretary applet.

Gddamn.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes