Active Topics

Nokia didn't put up much of a show at the MWC - they showed MeeGo and that was it. Yet, rumors of the first Symbian^3 devices are already floating around though - like the Nokia X10 rumor. A spy-style video promises a QWERTY keyboard, an AMOLED screen and more for this purported third entry into the Xseries.
The first Symbian^3 device from Nokia that we heard of was the Nokia N8, the rumored 12MP cameraphone with 720p video powers. It's quite possible that the Nokia N87 and the N8 will turn out to be the same thing, but the Nokia X10 might beat them to it and be the first Symbian^3 powered phone.
The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, the grand daddy of the Nokia X10 was the phone chosen to introduce the new touch-enabled branch of Symbian. But if the video is to be believed, the Nokia X10 packs a lot more impressive features than the 5800.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x10_ha...-news-1466.php

Pretty interesting stuff, an AMOLED screen would be pretty cool and I'd expect to see this on any Nokia MeeGo device in the future.
Other than the AMOLED there isn't much new coming from Nokia....Other than the rumour that it'll be running on Symbian^3 with a 12mp Camera....

Nokia used to be well known for doing things that were one step ahead of everything else, But all their handsets now seem to be 2 steps behind the rest of the field.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkPand0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
...the Nokia X10 might beat them to it and be the first Symbian^3 powered phone.
The Nokia X10 has also been discussed in the "Symbian^3 on N900" thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
The Nokia X10 has also been discussed in the "Symbian^3 on N900" thread.
Yea, but theres no way I could have known that......But my bad none the less.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Yea, but theres no way I could have known that...
Well, a search on "Nokia X10" turns up the other thread, but my intention wasn't to criticize you. I in no way meant to imply you had erred in creating this thread.

The discussion of the X10 in the other thread was a tangent to the main topic there. The Nokia X10, hoax or not, is likely to be a matter that receives at least some future discussion, so your thread dedicated to the topic is quite appropriate.

I wasn't attempting to redirect traffic away from your thread, but instead simply point out supplemental material that might be of interest to readers of, and posters to, this thread.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-02-22 at 21:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Nokia used to be well known for doing things that were one step ahead of everything else, But all their handsets now seem to be 2 steps behind the rest of the field.
If they recognized the problem when the iPhone was launched, they've now had 1 year to regroup, and 2 years to design new phones. The way things work, we may in fact be set for some rather interesting stuff in Q3/Q4.

Mass high end market camera phones that equal dedicated pocketable cameras on all benchmarks should be possible soon. Niche market already available, sort of, but Nokia wouldn't be late for anything with decent sales.

This is just guessing, though. Those rumored specs aren't good enough for that. Maybe we're in for something else instead. The really critical thing is getting Ovi right, and out-innovating Google. Qt has already beat Bada imho. Not sure about Microsoft.

Last edited by livefreeordie; 2010-02-22 at 21:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to livefreeordie For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Nokia didn't put up much of a show at the MWC - they showed MeeGo and that was it. Yet, rumors of the first Symbian^3 devices are already floating around though - like the Nokia X10 rumor. A spy-style video promises a QWERTY keyboard, an AMOLED screen and more for this purported third entry into the Xseries.
The first Symbian^3 device from Nokia that we heard of was the Nokia N8, the rumored 12MP cameraphone with 720p video powers. It's quite possible that the Nokia N87 and the N8 will turn out to be the same thing, but the Nokia X10 might beat them to it and be the first Symbian^3 powered phone.
The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, the grand daddy of the Nokia X10 was the phone chosen to introduce the new touch-enabled branch of Symbian. But if the video is to be believed, the Nokia X10 packs a lot more impressive features than the 5800.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x10_ha...-news-1466.php

Pretty interesting stuff, an AMOLED screen would be pretty cool and I'd expect to see this on any Nokia MeeGo device in the future.
Other than the AMOLED there isn't much new coming from Nokia....Other than the rumour that it'll be running on Symbian^3 with a 12mp Camera....

You think it was intentionally leaked by the company? I agree that they are few steps back...............

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
The leaked is just one of the marketing strategy and it's meant to scare the competitors.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
in the near future, I can't say "that is an X10 phone" coz there would be 2 confusions.

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-02-22 at 22:04. Reason: need to be more specific

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
I'm not trying to troll or start any wars, but I cracked up when I saw the "front- video call camera", and immediately looked at the front camera on my N900 beside me on my desk

I doubt it'll end up being called the X10....Cause that would cause so many problems later down the line.
I also do think this was intentional, its typical of any mobile phone company.

Craftguy - that comment, just brilliant.