Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Well, that's been one weak area... and now that Nokia has a new Devices segment, programs will no doubt have more responsibility for activities such as marketing than they did before.

Regardless, this shows promising activity... right?
While here did you visit the Flagship store in downtown Helsinki? If so, you would have seen the new marketing upswing. Nokia is going on a marketing blitz. Could be brought on by the iPhone, or even the new SE (cough, cough, gag, cough) devices. By no means is Nokia standing still. I would say they are in stealth mode. Great things are coming.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Well, that's been one weak area... and now that Nokia has a new Devices segment, programs will no doubt have more responsibility for activities such as marketing than they did before.

Regardless, this shows promising activity... right?
Yep. there are lot of plans. LEt s hope it does not do like the 7xxx series phone ( i forgot the digits) that looked by the way a bit like the IT with its touchscreen, the S90 OS, the camera and the DTV receiver...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
That phone suffered one major problem: no GSM 850 MHz support. That limited it, in the US, to operators on 1900 MHz. Although Cingular allegedly supports 1900, it's not really there... so the largest GSM operator couldn't support those tablet phones.

I have ranted and railed on the lunacy of omitting 850 from high-end devices, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. It's really insane, to me, when you look across the high-end N series and some support 850 and some do not. No explanation (excuse) I've heard holds water, either.

Back on topic: if only people here could see the amount of activity going into N800 OS and software development inhouse. Those folks are CRANKING.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Back on topic: if only people here could see the amount of activity going into N800 OS and software development inhouse. Those folks are CRANKING.
You are careful with your comments... as always...

[
Back on topic: if only people here could see the amount of activity going into N800 OS and software development inhouse. Those folks are CRANKING.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they re going "full steam". Well, given the ambitious projects, it s understandable. Some of my friends don't even pick up call, they only return them one week after, sometimes not at all

Thats great to hear they are CRANKING!

Can they crank out these for us? Or pass these along =p

1. Email Client
2. Flash Performance (9.0 somehow, even with lack of SDK?)
3. Opera 9
4. Fix wasted screen real-estate
5. PIM Features (SyncML or Google is fine)
6. Accidentally unlock more video codecs and hardware performance? lol
7. Make the built in media player navigable
8. Wash my dishes. Really, my dish washer sucks.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
You are careful with your comments... as always...
I understand Texrat. my friends there are also very very elusive when we chat about projects.

I don't understand why as there are so many manufacturers boasting about their projects years in advance.

One explanation is the number of project rejections, I ve been told.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Northwoods of Wisconsin
Originally Posted by sherifnix View Post
Thats great to hear they are CRANKING!

Can they crank out these for us? Or pass these along =p

1. Email Client
2. Flash Performance (9.0 somehow, even with lack of SDK?)
3. Opera 9
4. Fix wasted screen real-estate
5. PIM Features (SyncML or Google is fine)
6. Accidentally unlock more video codecs and hardware performance? lol
7. Make the built in media player navigable
8. Wash my dishes. Really, my dish washer sucks.
1) I'm sure they have thought about it...
2) ditto
3) ditto
4) hmmm...
5) maybe...
6) ?!
7) hmmm...
8) Yep, they will be over tonight and get right on that and the rest of this list.

I feel confident that the Nokia people are listening to their feedback across the web.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Northeast USA
I just got emailed a request for doing an additional survey by nokia.... I did the one on tableteer some time ago, but the one today was mostly centered around where I bought my n800 from, what lead me to my uprchase decision etc... definitelly had a marketing slant to it and not so much on the hardware/software.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by docnesh View Post
I just got emailed a request for doing an additional survey by nokia.... I did the one on tableteer some time ago, but the one today was mostly centered around where I bought my n800 from, what lead me to my uprchase decision etc... definitelly had a marketing slant to it and not so much on the hardware/software.
Yeah! Me too! So you wanto to steal me the Sennheiser headphones and the JBL speakers, isn't it?!