Problem I assume only a small one but I hope someone can help me out I tried for over a hour lol, I used to have a nokiaX6 comes with music, I have a current subscription to comewithmusic but I cant transfer the songs I have saved on my computer vis Ovi suite/player.

Apprentaly N900 not compatible with the ovia suite/player and you have to use the Nokia PC suite.

So the question is how do I use my comes with music subscription on my shiney new N900 what options do I have???

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Hi, "Comes with Music" as a service is not supported on the N900.

Also, can you please change the summay line of this thread to something descriptive?

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
Well I just connected my phone mass storage and copied my music to it.

Thats about all. Simple and easy.

Regards Markus

PS: you might want to consider a more descriptive tilte next time ;-)

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Thread titled updated.

If the files you have downloaded from CWM are protected with DRM then you might need to remove that protection before you can copy the files to your N900 and play them in the media player..

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
If the files you have downloaded from CWM are protected with DRM then you might need to remove that protection before you can copy the files to your N900 and play them in the media player..
Which is technically piracy as the music is DRM protected for a reason, you may as well just suggest redownloading the music from a filesharing service.

How would I remove the DRM I opened the cwm software and right click to port to phone but the option is no longer there im a lil dumb with new stuff

BUT i own the said music files having paid for it, but no biggie i just want to put my music on my fone simples

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
Originally Posted by nidO View Post
Which is technically piracy as the music is DRM protected for a reason, you may as well just suggest redownloading the music from a filesharing service.
hahah gotta love Nokia's forward planning on this one

Originally Posted by nidO View Post
That's true in the US with the DMCA, but not in other legislations where making a copy for personal usage is allowed, and breaking protection is not in and of itself illegal.