Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
I hope it has flash10.1 on it!!!:d

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Dear all,

just have a small Issue, more cosmetic than not working.
After the last Firmware Update I have some unknowns in the point about product in my device.
Anyone a idea?
What I saw was the following:
- I updateted with the Flasher (Firmware and eMMC)
- restored my backup

Everything works like charm after some help with members from here.

But now I see in about the product the first 3 rows marked as <unknow>
And Im sure before the Backup it was written 3.x at least as the Version.

Anybody a clue what I messed up?

BR

Wolfpac

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by wolfpac72 View Post
But now I see in about the product the first 3 rows marked as <unknow>
And Im sure before the Backup it was written 3.x at least as the Version.

Anybody a clue what I messed up?
I've seen this happening if the core Maemo 5 package has been uninstalled. That shouldn't have happened with the process you've gone through, but you can check for this by running:
Code:
dpkg -l "mp-fremantle-*"
If it doesn't show a single entry flagged with "ii", then you'll need to install this package. The package name will depend on which firmware variant you're using. For the generic firmware, it'll be "mp-fremantle-generic-pr", whereas for the US firmware it'll be "mp-fremantle-002-pr" (and similar for other regions).

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I've seen this happening if the core Maemo 5 package has been uninstalled. That shouldn't have happened with the process you've gone through, but you can check for this by running:
Code:
dpkg -l "mp-fremantle-*"
If it doesn't show a single entry flagged with "ii", then you'll need to install this package. The package name will depend on which firmware variant you're using. For the generic firmware, it'll be "mp-fremantle-generic-pr", whereas for the US firmware it'll be "mp-fremantle-002-pr" (and similar for other regions).
Hello Robin it shows me the follwing find attached jpg.

BR
Wolfpac
Attached Images

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by wolfpac72 View Post
Hello Robin it shows me the follwing find attached jpg.
That looks okay, so it must be a different problem I guess you could try reinstalling it to make sure though (you'll need rootsh installed):
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall mp-fremantle-generic-pr

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That looks okay, so it must be a different problem I guess you could try reinstalling it to make sure though (you'll need rootsh installed):
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall mp-fremantle-generic-pr
Just tried no change. Still does not show anything just unknown.
Worked like charm with no error.
Also just reboot just to make sure.
Its just cosmetic anyways But just wondering why it happens

BR

Wolfpac

Last edited by wolfpac72; 2010-02-22 at 16:17.

Im having some problems with the new firmware (installed via Nokia SU) if someone could help:

1.-The msn plugin doesnt work (only with pecan) but with some problems, when i try to chat with two of mi contacts the plugin disconects and says there was a network error until i close the chat window then if try to open again it disconects.

2.- OVI Maps, when i open the aplication and try to see where i am by pressing the red location button nothing happens i can't see the red point, also the map doesn't move in any direction while 'navigating', the gps indicator shows that there is signal and is working properly.

These two things are drivin me nut, so if anyone knows how to fix it i will be very grateful.

Btw im using the global firmware since i have a NAM unlocked version.

Last edited by Noir86; 2010-02-23 at 03:43.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Noir86 View Post
Im having some problems with the new firmware (installed via Nokia SU) if someone could help:

1.-The msn plugin doesnt work (only with pecan) but with some problems, when i try to chat with two of mi contacts the plugin disconects and says there was a network error until i close the chat window then if try to open again it disconects.
For msn-pecan please follow this and report a bug.

sorrry if this has been covered earlier in the thread but im in the uk on an unlocked n900 and i cant seem to get the update been refreshing since the anouncment and nothing is coming up i am getting updates for other apps but not the phone os

any ideas?

thanks

Originally Posted by Stevebratt View Post
sorrry if this has been covered earlier in the thread but im in the uk on an unlocked n900 and i cant seem to get the update been refreshing since the anouncment and nothing is coming up i am getting updates for other apps but not the phone os

any ideas?

thanks
same problem here, has update been released in the UK yet? any info would be much appreciated. I got the first batch of N900 from mobilephonesdirect.

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update