Notices

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ dallas, tx usa
This was posted waaay back in the beginning of one these threads.

Nokia wants Sygic to be one of their release partners for the "new-and-improved" Ovi store. We haven't seen the new store yet, so of course we haven't seen Sygic yet.

Everyone should just relax. Nokia and Sygic most likely have some kind of agreement (and I would guess Nokia has or will pay Sygic some amount of money to wait until the new store is open to the public) and they simply can't release the app without breaking the agreement.

Some of you act as though you're going to literally die because you don't have turn-by-turn directions. How did you ever get by before GPS?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilsbenson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
Originally Posted by nilsbenson View Post
This was posted waaay back in the beginning of one these threads.

...How did you ever get by before GPS?
It's like when you buy a car and discover that it has no engine inside. Someone than asks you the same stupid question. How did you get by before...on foot like Flintstones??!!

C'mon people, stop this ********, we all paid for it, I bet it's not just me who lunched ovi maps just after unboxing the N900 & said "What on earth is this crap?"

Why would Nokia put a GPS module in a first place, I just don't get it!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stantheboss For This Useful Post:
If Sygic releases something buggy that has no carry-forward value for the n900, you'll complain about that, too.

It's one way or the other, man. Either they take the time to get it right (including the Ovi app store, apparently) - and have people complaining about it - or they release it before it's ready .... and have people complaining about it.

I want to hand over my hard-earned money for this product as much as you do, but what can possibly be gained with such hyperbole as "no engine inside?"

Besides.. it's more like buying a car and discovering that no one makes aftermarket mags for its bolt pattern.

Last edited by nightfire; 2010-02-23 at 23:55.

It's already been polished and it's ready for us to get it. Frankly it was ready at the end of January, those are the words of Sygic people themselves.

And again, it's the Nokia side who holds the magic wand right now, it's up to them when the product sees a day light, that's why people are so pissed, 'cause we know how Nokia share information on further releases.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by stantheboss View Post
It's already been polished and it's ready for us to get it. Frankly it was ready at the end of January, those are the words of Sygic people themselves.

And again, it's the Nokia side who holds the magic wand right now, it's up to them when the product sees a day light, that's why people are so pissed, 'cause we know how Nokia share information on further releases.
So you saying nokia ****a Pucka is sitting on it?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So you saying nokia ****a Pucka is sitting on it?
Yeah, probably they've signed some kind of agreement and Sygic cannot publish navi anywhere else but at ovi store.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I need my navigation software nooooooow!....any navigation will do!...I got lost the other day and it pisses me off that my old 5800 is starting to look better than my N900, especially with the kinetic scrolling firmware and full sygic support

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
I have to use my wife's awesome n95 to go anywhere I am not familiar with...can you believe it?

The Following User Says Thank You to rmarcus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
I have to use my wife's awesome n95 to go anywhere I am not familiar with...can you believe it?

yes. I can. u are using nokias high-end product. could we expect it to work? No

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
I suppose that there is not only agreement between Nokia and Sygic, but also maybe Sygic GPS sw is based on Qt4.6, which most probably we will get with next firmware update.
So I think that we will see Sygic GPS software very soon.
Regards.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn