Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Last week I had MPlayer and the visual interface SiB working. I received an update nortification telling me there was a newer version of SiB. I attempted to download the update but it failed, so I uninstalled SiB (thinking a reinstall would fix the problem) but I am unable to install SiB again because of this error message:

Can anyone help? I don't understand what that package is.

No one will help me? Mplayer is useless to me without SiB, there is no Mplayer shortcut...

try KMplayer...far better from SIB..

Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
try KMplayer...far better from SIB..
I have KMPLayer too but Mplayer plays a few files KM cannot play

KMplayer is another GUI for Mplayer and all format that mplayer plays u can see...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mazi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
SiB uses QT 4.6.2 which has been locked in order to conserve compatibility with the new upcoming firmware, IIRC. Either use KMPlayer for a while, use the file manager, MC or the CLI until they are done and the package is unlocked.

What's wrong with the default player? Save from some MKVs, it does roughly the same job, assuming you have all the extra deoders in place and up to date. It's not permanent.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
I wasn't aware KMPlayer is another GUI to Mplayer. When I said KMPlayer couldn't play some files Mplayer could play, perhaps I got confused and ment MediaBox Media Centre.

OK, I will use KMPlayer but as for the standard media player, even with the extra codecs installed, it can't play a few of my files where other players can.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
KMPlayer IIRC has a setting on which player to use, maybe you had it set for osso-mplayer, that would explain a few things.

What files are unplayable with the codec pack? It does a good job here. Additionally, maybe the developer of the codec pack could be helped by your experience?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
I cannot tell what codec these AVI files use (no PC/GSpot at the moment )but some won't play in media player (format unsupported) while working fine in other players.

Have you already updated your phone to the latest firmware?
Once this problem also troubled me,but it became all right after updating to the latest frimware by NSU....