Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Well, Mandor now holds the record for the longest decompression time reported! Ten minutes short of TWO FULL HOURS.<br>
<br>
Sigh. I <b><i>hate</i></b> filing bugs.
<br>
<br>Since someone suggested it was a tracker problem why don't we try to download the lzma file in a hidden directory and decompress it there?<br>

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
Well, Mandor now holds the record for the longest decompression time reported! Ten minutes short of TWO FULL HOURS.

Sigh. I hate filing bugs.
As somebody reported earlier, the device was unresponsive for the 2 hours. I had a few applications running at the same time. There has been a lot of swapping involve during the process which may partially explain the result.

It might not a bad idea to re-run the decompression.

Edit: wording

Last edited by Mandor; 2010-02-24 at 13:24.

Does anybody uses a bluetooth mouse with easydebian on N900 ?

Just a noob question:
I have installed easy debian about a month ago. Now there have been a few updates, how do I install the new image? I started the debian image installer, and the version it is downloading is
debian-m5-v2.img.ext2.bz2
But isnt there a debian-m5-v3b already? (I want to have Thunderbird ^^)

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by TigertheGambler View Post
how do I install the new image?
you'll have to do it manually.
first, get the image file:

image file: debian-m5-v3b.img.ext2.lzma
(there's also a rootfs for extracting into a partition, but I'd prefer you to try the image file)

extract it using
Code:
lzma -d debian-m5-v3b.img.ext2.lzma
close the debian chroot, then edit the file "/home/user/.chroot" so the parameter "IMGFILE" points to the new image:
Code:
IMGFILE=/home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3b.img.ext2

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The new version of Easy Debian with Evince icon, new Debian HW Keys & Closechroot icons and new image installer that supports mirrors and multiple images (all dynamically updated from my server) is coming this weekend!

Should I also make a Thunderbird icon for the Maemo menu? I don't want to totally swamp the user's menu...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Yes please, adding Thunderbird to the Hildon Menu would be great. I've already adapted some icons for Iceweasel. Icedove and Icebear. Will upload them tomorrow when i get back home

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Icebear? You mean Iceape?

I was thinking of getting the "real" Thunderbird icon, even though it is Icedove, because most people don't know and don't care about the politics behind the Debian-Mozilla feud.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Hello i have 2 quick questions about Open Office and Xournal.

firstly let me just say WOW, AMAZING!!! thanks so much for getting this awesomeness onto my n900, I will always love you for it!

OK question 1. In Xournal, is there any way to make it so that when I type text in a text box, the text box isn't black? So I can actually see what I am typing?

2. In open office, I opened up Styles and Formatting on a spread sheet, and now it is stuck on that screen...like permanently, even if I restart the phone :S Any shortcut or secret way to get out of it?

Sorry if these are known issues, or if this question has been asked before...

(Bonus questions: I don't NEED to know the answer to these, but feel free to answer if you like sharing knowledge!:

a] is there a good list somewhere that lists all of the debian programs? and what the features are? and how to use them?
b] one i have installed a feature, and an updated version of it comes out, how do I know, and how do I update it?
c] one i have installed everything I want, is there any way to reduce the sheer bulk of the debian system? At the moment all I use is Xournal and Open Office. It seems not worth it to have 2.5+gb just for that haha!

If you could simply point me to the right place to answer any of these questions myself, that would be just as good)

THANKS so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Kaii View Post
firstly let me just say WOW, AMAZING!!! thanks so much for getting this awesomeness onto my n900, I will always love you for it!
Oh really? Please look for the the orange button on qole.org then.

2. In open office, I opened up Styles and Formatting on a spread sheet, and now it is stuck on that screen...like permanently, even if I restart the phone :S Any shortcut or secret way to get out of it?
Answered above. Go into LXDE and start OpenOffice there. You can then close Styles and Formatting.

is there a good list somewhere that lists all of the debian programs? and what the features are? and how to use them?
packages.debian.org has a great search engine and lots of information about the packages available.

Maybe someone else can answer your other questions, or you can use the "search thread" feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze