Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by NotTheMessiah View Post
who added one for norwich? only ever seen one other n900 round norwich, at uea to be specific.
Going back a few pages here but Norwich would be me, i'm frequently at the sports park with my n900 but not the university itself

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Und in Markt Schwaben über Nacht, nehme ich an?
Kind of, close to it (did not mark the exact spot, though)

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
Originally Posted by nidO View Post
Going back a few pages here but Norwich would be me, i'm frequently at the sports park with my n900 but not the university itself
hey man, nice to meet a fellow n900 owner in norwich! for a long time i thought i was the only one haha. and looking at the map you're not very far from me too, tho i didnt place my pin in the exact position. dont wanna give away the location of where my device is when im sleeping!

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Romania
Added myself. Apparently, I'm the only user in Romania. I'm sure there are more of us here. Waiting to see more Romanians finding the map.

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
andy

i modified your initial pin text to now say:
Thanks, did you also move it to the South Atlantic Ocean?
I don't mind. It is more central there.
I did try to move it back but couldn't find how to

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by andyfrommk View Post
Thanks, did you also move it to the South Atlantic Ocean?
I don't mind. It is more central there.
I did try to move it back but couldn't find how to
no Andy, i have no idea how you moved to the middle of the atlantic.
i hope they put you in a waterproof tent tho!

i had just changed the text a little to lead people back here.

i still wonder why so many aren't putting names on the map
I asked Fargus why he didn't pin himself and he said 'for privacy' but I could pin him as long as it wasn't too close to his actual house,
He doesn't actually live here but since I asked him along with speculatrix to test out pininthemap.com and he didn't which lead to me not realising there is a two pin limit in the free version I put him there.
No hard feelings, eh?

fargus when you get people together in big groups try installing liqflow and running over all of the devices
i still need to see it working with more than 3
Unfortunatley we only have 3 N900's at MKLUG, one or two N8?0's though.(although a few people were very interested, some may crack, and buy one)

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Pretty neat. Pinned as well.

Now, am I the only one thinking that this could/should have been done with Ovi Maps, and used our Maemo/MeeGo/Ovi profiles instead?

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
arjwright, i wondered the same, but this seems to have the anonymity where required and doesn't involve signing up for accounts or really configuring stuff, its just adhoc.
you can just put as much or little info as you want and as far/close from your house as you feel ok with

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I feel lonely in Michigan.. I am the only one near the Great Lakes that has the N900! :S

Tags
map, users