Active Topics

Notices

Edit: Sorry, did not realize you pushed it to a new release. Will be on a lookout for the new update. Thank you and disregard the message below.

I appreciate your quick response and your prompt action. Unfortunately, it has not resolved. Whilst my initial call is on, I get a missed call notification (attempted callback, I assume) and only then is the initial call disconnected. I would assume it happens because the initial call was still in progress and the callback hits the busy signal or something like that.

Last edited by moodswinger; 2010-02-27 at 05:34. Reason: Misinterpreted prior post

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by moodswinger View Post
I would assume it happens because the initial call was still in progress and the callback hits the busy signal or something like that.
I think I realize the reason why you can't swap calls, I've not implemented support for "Hold". If I did that, then it would matter a little less what the precisely the time allotted for disconnect is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Thank you! You've got it nailed down to a millisecond - the moment initial call gets disconnected, the callback rings.

For others that had similar problems - update did not do it, I had to uninstall and reinstall the plugin.

Thanks once again!

Originally Posted by moodswinger View Post
Thank you! You've got it nailed down to a millisecond - the moment initial call gets disconnected, the callback rings.

For others that had similar problems - update did not do it, I had to uninstall and reinstall the plugin.

Thanks once again!
I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, deleted my account and created a new one but I'm still getting call missed.

My Google Voice number calls back on my SIP number. The one difference that reinstalling has made is that now I see the missed call info where as before I didn't.

This is an awesone app!

Originally Posted by cwiener View Post
I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, deleted my account and created a new one but I'm still getting call missed.

My Google Voice number calls back on my SIP number. The one difference that reinstalling has made is that now I see the missed call info where as before I didn't.

This is an awesone app!
I'm uploading 0.8.3 to the autobuilder
  • "Hold" support for calls, so that initiating a callback does not block incoming calls
  • Increased the auto-cleanup timeout from 5 seconds to 10 seconds

I'm hoping my Hold support works and that it stops blocking the real call from coming through.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
I am also not getting the callback call when I make a call. The phone number I call rings and when they answer there is dead air if I use sipgate. If I use gizmo the party hears a message that the call can not be completed.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I'm uploading 0.8.3 to the autobuilder
  • "Hold" support for calls, so that initiating a callback does not block incoming calls
  • Increased the auto-cleanup timeout from 5 seconds to 10 seconds

I'm hoping my Hold support works and that it stops blocking the real call from coming through.
8.3 gives me the same errors that I posted earlier.
N810 wimax.

Same behavior with 0.8.3. Missed inbound SIP call.

Last edited by cwiener; 2010-02-27 at 23:01.

Epage,

I apologize if this has been answered. What are ways to add New GV Contacts to the N900 that TOR will support?

The use case I am talking about would be the following:

I meet someone, want to add their phone number to my N900. Would like to make this new contact part of the GV plugin so that I may text them through TOR on the N900.
Can I do this on the N900 itself?

Is the only way to add this contact to visit the voice.google.com webpage, login and manually add this contact to my GV account?

I would love a way to just do this from the N900 when adding the initial contact.
This is inherent to the bug I submitted. At times adding a contact on the N900 with a TOR field adds both a Voice and IM entry for TOR for that contact. I seem to be able to add TOR contacts this way only when I have the Network error showing.

When TOR is properly connected, I am unable to add contacts in that manner.

Thanks

Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Epage,

I apologize if this has been answered. What are ways to add New GV Contacts to the N900 that TOR will support?

The use case I am talking about would be the following:

I meet someone, want to add their phone number to my N900. Would like to make this new contact part of the GV plugin so that I may text them through TOR on the N900.
Can I do this on the N900 itself?

Is the only way to add this contact to visit the voice.google.com webpage, login and manually add this contact to my GV account?

I would love a way to just do this from the N900 when adding the initial contact.
This is inherent to the bug I submitted. At times adding a contact on the N900 with a TOR field adds both a Voice and IM entry for TOR for that contact. I seem to be able to add TOR contacts this way only when I have the Network error showing.

When TOR is properly connected, I am unable to add contacts in that manner.

Thanks
I have not implemented any kind of client-side contact support and am unsure how RTComm reacts when manually adding contacts and not TOR not playing the way RTComm wants it to. I am unsure if I will get around to implementing that.

Ideally the way to add numbers to work with TOR is to just create regular contacts and TOR would integrate like Skype to allow calls with them. That is currently not functioning and is my number 1 most voted for bug.

So for now, the one known and supported way to add contacts is by doing it on GV's site.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5