Active Topics

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
Hey guys,
yesterday i wanted to free up some rootfs space in case the new update would come in the following days.. i followed the HOWTO free up rootfs ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=free+rootfs )
and must have done something wrong. i must have forgotten a point in the code

Code:
sudo gainroot
mv /var/cache/apt /home/user/.apt-cache
ln -s /home/user/.apt-cache /var/cache/apt

no, when i enter the program manager I can't update, download or uninstall programs, the protocoll looks like that:

hildon-application-manager 2.2.52.2
E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

when i go to /var/cache/ there is a file called apt (which is a link to the folder home/user/.apt-cache, where is no such file, so i guess i spoiled something there.

please could someone give me an advice howto get the file back?
restoring programlist with backup does not work either, since it also needs the program manager

thanks in advance

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
don't tell me you migrate the file in root to application partition? i think you screwed it up big time. Never following that guide if you are not a linux expert. The best way to free up rootfs is to uninstall applications that you installed from Extra-devel. and also disable the repository. Moving and hotlink it will brick your device. My advise is to reflashing it with the latest firmware using flasher 3.5, wipe both eMMC and OS to preventing any software clash and stuck into an infinite loop.

I hope you've learn your lesson.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
i had done this before the last update and it worked perfect, so i thought it should work like that again.. might not have been the best idea i guess.. anyone got another solution than flashing?
i guess my mods will go back to the originals?

i flashed the os and am stuck in a reboot loop.. really flash emmc now?
or maybe flash it with an older os image and update afterwards?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Open terminal, type cd .apt-cache then ls, and paste the output

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
to late, i flashed the device with the newest firmware after maxximuscools advics, which got my device in a reboot loop.
since my wireless connection is not configured anymore after update i can't access via ssh as well..

okay i solved the problem, with flashing os and emmc=) thanks to both of you

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
don't tell me you migrate the file in root to application partition? i think you screwed it up big time. Never following that guide if you are not a linux expert. The best way to free up rootfs is to uninstall applications that you installed from Extra-devel. and also disable the repository. Moving and hotlink it will brick your device. My advise is to reflashing it with the latest firmware using flasher 3.5, wipe both eMMC and OS to preventing any software clash and stuck into an infinite loop.

I hope you've learn your lesson.
And I wonder... if do that is so dangerous to our nokiators... why are the how-to at this site?