Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
I wondered whether the N900 was selling well or not. Apparently, it must sell relatively well, since it is still relatively hard to find (in Germany, you don't find it in discount internet stores yet, for example). But I have found another way to find out...

Flickr keeps statistics on photographs uploaded per camera. If you check those, it seems that there are about as many pictures uploaded per day from the N900 than from models like the N97mini, and only half as many as from the 5800 XpressMusic. Not bad.

Of course, this supposes that N900 users do not use Flickr more (or less) than N97mini users. But there is no reason they would, both models make it equally easy to upload pictures to Flickr. And I say "per day", because one has to correct for the length of time a phone has been on the market, obviously.

If you look at a sample of the pictures, you might get a feeling for the buyer's demographics as well. That's interesting.

link to flickr statistics

The N97 (classic) alone has sold more than ten times as much as the amount of shipped N900's by the time, according to the latest Nokia figures (100k N900's shipped per month since 2010, 4M N97's sold since MWC10). Nonetheless, while the shipment figures are quite sad, other figures than that are pure speculations.

Also keep in mind that the N900 users are generally very active. For example, N900 is the most popular Nokia phone at GSMArena recently, with nearly 3M visits.

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2010-02-28 at 17:33.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
There are Nokia figures available? Where?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I don't think that Nokia publishes figures. They've never done in the past. There's another thread here with some concrete numbers listed (rumours too probably).

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The flickr stuff was posted before in the thread where we discussed how well the N900 is selling. (Rumors, of course)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...925#post490925