Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Münster
EDIT: widget is ready so far.
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/lasttweet/

Tweet your current song via last.fm. Customize the tweet, if needed, title, artist, album(if avaiblable) and url to album or artist on last.fm is given. standardtweet form can be customized with some knowledge of python.

A deb package is still needed. Need some help with it.

Download and try out. Please be aware, that you need some credentials (twitter, last.fm with apikeys and optionally bit.ly)

It needs no root access to be run, so it is pretty save. But of course this can be dangerous to use, don't blame if so.

follow me on twitter: ulfroettger
________

Hello to all who like to share their favourite music via Twitter.

for this purpose I coded a little widget, that tweets the currently listened song (as it is recognized by last.fm, so it is independent from the source of music) with artist, album + last.fm-album-url, if available or if not artists url. of course as long there is space left for the tweet (140 signs ...)

Now this widget is not installed via debian, but from shell. If there are some folks who'd like to use something like this let me know. I am going to release it then.

ATM the whole code is custom tailored for my needs, everything hardcoded (usernames, api keys, style of tweet).

If there is someone out there who could help releasing this as deb-package. it would be nice to know, though i have not much free time for developement.

so happy listening ...
btw follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ulfroettger
mostly german, though
cheers

Last edited by nergal; 2010-03-05 at 22:20. Reason: release is out.

That sounds great, but does it automatically tweet, or do you choose which songs to send?

it only tweets if u choose to do so. it is not automatcally flooding the timeline with your playlist

it is pretty dumb. you simply click on the widget and it tries to get the data from last.fm of the current song and tweets it. if there is no song (unknown, not transmitted, ...) it tells you, that's it.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Sounds pretty cool. Why don't you package it into a nice .deb and share it with us?

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

That sounds good. I'd be happy to use it!

it is released as a garage project. just look for lasttweet.

I'll open a new thread to announce it more publicly.

Thanks for your support. It motivated me a lot. Did spend some hours to learn all the things needed to make it look lke this.

sorry no deb-package so far...
but it works quite reliable ..

OK ... now some feedback would be nice to help me with further developement.

BTW. I do not know if it is possible (allowed, riskful for me) to hardcode the last.fm api-key and secret, that is needed. As well as bit.ly.

That would make it far more easy for not so geekish users .

Cheers,
Nergal