Active Topics

hi im hoping somebody can help. got an update today for the conversations widget would like to uninstall the update if possible. i hate the way it behaves now before i could just tap widget and view any messages i had, now eveytime i tap it takes me to the conversation view gotta keep closing one conversation and open the next. very annoying.

why fix something if it aint broken!!!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Scotland
I prefer the way it is now - tapping the text of an unread message takes me straight to that conversation, where I can reply/delete as necessary. When all conversations are read, it shows the message list. Makes more sense to me. I guess one man's meat is another man's poison.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
me i did nt have the update
it is nt in the extras repo ?

Maybe its just me, but since i got this update earlier today, my 900 seems to have slowed up considerably when using it / reading messages. cpu usage app has been hitting 100%. Not good! Will have to uninstall and see if that helps.

Anyone else noticed any adverse effects from this update?

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
current version 1.0.4...
so here's the link for the 1.0.3:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...-widget/1.0.3/

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
current version 1.0.4...
so here's the link for the 1.0.3:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...-widget/1.0.3/
how do i install this please step by step instructions would be very much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Mas Termind View Post
how do i install this please step by step instructions would be very much appreciated.
On your N900, click on conversations-inbox-widget_1.0.3_armel.deb next to File.

i managed to to install it but this works the same as the latest version i prefer version 0.1.0 i liked the way when you touch the widget the messages scroll up and then you can check the next message on the widget.

how can i get the package for version 0.1.0 please tried the link in packages but get error not on server

Last edited by Mas Termind; 2010-03-20 at 03:50. Reason: putting in request

The ordering of the messages shown on the widget doesn't make sense. Maybe the ordering made more sense with the older version of the widget that was mentioned where you were presented with all your messages rather than taken to the heavy conversations view, but with the way it's designed now, the ordering doesn't make sense along with the lower left corner button functionality. You end up reading your messaging in reverse, missing the context of messages until you get to the earlier ones.

Usability needs to be addressed. One simple suggestion is to just leave the incoming messages displayed in ascending order, keeping the first one there until clicked and only incrementing the counter on new messages.

want to report bug:
This widget is having a clash on MP widget, recall, weather forca, data plan, today date widgets.

For the music player, the play button is not working.
for others, it disappears once the MP widget is removed if the conversation widget is installed.

thnx