Notices

My car media unit center stereo thingy.......can detect bluetooth phones and then allows you to make calls handsfree through the car unit. It should also inport your address book and allow you to stream your music from the phone to the stereo. I could do all this with my old phone (samsumung i900 omnia).
With this nokia(n900) I can only do handsfree.....no address book and no streaming music.
Why is this....is there anything I can do to get this working?

Many thanks

Same with my Garmin nuvi: having bluetooth handsfree/phonebook loading/caller id announcing capability it neither reads the phonebook nor announces the caller id from N900 (it worked not bad with SonyEricsson phones though).

It would be great to get it fixed

Last edited by atikin; 2010-03-02 at 16:26.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Maine
I have the same problem and have looked into why here and on other forums. It seems the bluetooth stack on the N900 is not as robust as it should be and that limits the way it can interact with our car bluetooth units. There are many entries in Bugzilla on bluetooth issues, so hopefully this will addressed in a future update.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Monterrey Mexico
Hi there FWIW,
I have also the N900, it`s linked to a pioneer DEH-P4100UB + CD-BTB100 And it work like charm (at least till i install the bluezwitch Not soure if that was the problem, I`ll confirm later)
I have a Phone "source" for handsfree through the car unit and a Bluetooth for audio true the N900 bluetooth fot media player (music and videos)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=bluetooth+car

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=bluetooth+car

I made a quick search and found these. For what I understand this is just something that can be fixed with an update. I think that with enough pressure from us Nokia has to implement this.