Posts: 100 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ The South Pole O.o
Lovely work you have done here my friend, I wish you the best.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Would not it be better to compile a Openoffice 3.2 for Maemo 5?

Is it not feasible?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
hstende: Perhaps I should upload my Ubuntu karmic image file for people to try out. If OpenOffice 3.2 is a lot faster or better than the 3.1 version we've got in Easy Debian, I should maybe make it available for everyone...
I would love to see this happening.
Also, I keep having problems fetching some packages... (EG: libc-dev-bin_2.10.2-2_armel.deb and no, updating the package list didn't solved anything)
I guess that switching to ubuntu would also save me tons of time figuring out about those "broken" repos

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Not a good idea to remove the openoffice GTK package, it removes some nice features like tap-and-hold right-click.
I had already tried out the effect of removing openoffice.org-gtk, because I thought I would anyway be able to reinstall, but now found that only the old 1:2.4.1+dfsg-1+lenny3 exists for armel. Neither squeeze nor sid seem to support the armel architecture for openoffice at all!?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Neither squeeze nor sid seem to support the armel architecture for openoffice at all!?
...correct! The Debian team can't get newer versions of OpenOffice to compile for them, so they've pulled them from their repositories. The Ubuntu team has the same problem, incidentally, but they get around it by taking a binary bit from the old OpenOffice and slipping it into the new version.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
qole, does the openoffice.org-gtk 1:3.1.1-8 armel package exist somewhere on the web, or would I have to go back to the pristine v3b image if I wanted it back?

Please advise on this seemingly simple issue:

The LXDE menu ("start button") in Easy Debian is now gone or hidden. The 'processer used' bar graph is also missing. I cannot browse through the different applications within LXDE now. I have searched heavily and can't figure out how to restore the LXDE menu ("start button"). I'm sure this is operator error, please advise.

Thank you again for creating such a great application!
Attached Images

Last edited by mail_e36; 2010-03-03 at 20:59.

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
The LXDE menu ("start button") in Easy Debian is now gone or hidden. The 'processer used' bar graph is also missing. I cannot browse through the different applications within LXDE now. I have searched heavily and can't figure out how to restore the LXDE menu ("start button"). I'm sure this is operator error, please advise.
With the new easy-deb-chroot package you should upgrade to the new image v3b to have the application icon back. The new image is significantly improved, new openoffice.org for instance, so you probably want it anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip, how do I upgrade to the v3b image? My Application Manager is not showing any needed upgrades on the N900 at this point (I just checked).

Please let me know

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
With the new easy-deb-chroot package you should upgrade to the new image v3b to have the application icon back. The new image is significantly improved, new openoffice.org for instance, so you probably want it anyway.

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
Thanks for the tip, how do I upgrade to the v3b image? My Application Manager is not showing any needed upgrades on the N900 at this point (I just checked).
In the (Maemo) Application menu, just after the other Debian app icons, you should have the app "Deb Img Install" for doing that.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-03-03 at 22:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze