Closed Thread
Whilst most people are posting wishlists I think I'll post a don't wish list:
  • MMS - firstly functionality exists from community, secondly do people really use MMS? I used it once about 5 years ago and never tried again
  • Front Camera videocalls - meh. Why do I want to have the person I'm talking to see a grainy picture of me? Only time I'd want this would be when I'm sitting at home, and my laptop has a far better camera than any front facing camera on any phone
  • Night mode on camera - All the night modes I've used just produce terrible grainy photos or video that I normally just delete.
  • Java runtime - flash is enough of a performance impact I wouldn't want to encourage people to write java apps
  • Other Stuff I don't give a crap about

these are of course my opinion but feel free to flame me.

Things I'd wouldn't mind seeing:
  • Portrait keyboard
  • Flash 10 (only if it supports hardware decoding)
  • a better ovi maps (faster start up and saving placemarks would be fine)
  • improved video capture (sometimes not very smooth)
  • MFE for google support (though nuevasync works well)

Things that I want:
  • Official QT 4.6 support (granted)
  • performance improvements (fingers crossed)
  • battery life improvements (same as above)
  • less Zealots and FUD spreaders on t.m.o (in my dreams)

All I want is QT 4.6 and Turn by Turn navigation.
Then I would be even more happy with my N900.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I have the same opinion, all the rest I could wait for being implemented/corrected in future releases... Just one thing that must be fixed ASAP is paid content on Ovi Store, and I suspect PR1.1.1 wasn't able to fix apt to allow a reliable anti-piracy protection...

it was HOPEFULLY meant to b released the last week of feb... or the first wednesday in march..........
this year or next year??

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I second this! These are the only really important upgrades, everything else will be just either bug fixes or eye candy.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Maybe abit OT, but did anyone notice pictures improved with the last update ? No more grain

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Western MA, USA
The only crucially important update i want in the next firmware is a fix for incoming calls failing while 2G/2.5G packet data is connected.

Vote for this fix here if you want it too:
GPRS/EDGE data connection prohibits incoming voice calls

currently, despite the network fully supporting the proper signaling (which suspends packet data for incoming calls on N95, N82, N97, and 5800xm when on 2G/2.5G), the N900 doesn't suspend or drop the data connection for incoming calls - they always go straight to voicemail.

it's the #1 most critical bug for me, since i'm always on 2.5G network and don't want to miss incoming calls, i can never allow my N900 to connect automatically to packet data; and connecting manually is done knowing that while i'm connected if my wife calls she'll get pissed that her calls go persistently straight to voicemail.

Last edited by bitflung; 2010-03-03 at 17:49.

No sign of the fabled upgade. wonder if we'll get it this week.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Turn by turn navigation should really be just a matter of time. In last interviews on All About Symbian, the clearly said Maemo/Meego will focus on maps and augmented reality. These will be some of the most important features.
They also said in some other interviews that every Qt realese of Nokis Maps will be the same for Symbian and Maemo/Meego.
Of course, it's hard to say when all this is going to happen, but I suspect that March could be an interesting month for us.

Last edited by elris; 2010-03-03 at 20:33.

the only real thing i'm looking forward in march is the clock going forward 1 hour!!! SUMMER TIME BABY!

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever