Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
Just read this over on maemo-freak.com:

http://www.maemo-freak.com/index.php...ia-smartphones

I wonder if this has anything to do with the non release of the recent update over maemo update in the uk?

Having read my TMobile contract it does specifically exclude use of VOIP through my data plan but I must say, having 1200 mins in my contract I only use skype at home over wireless anyway. However, the skype client does work over my data connection too - the only thing that doesn't work is msn/ facebook chat etc....

Hmm.. food for thought at any rate....

(Ps - hope this isn't a problem to post this.... please delete/ move if it is....)

The Following User Says Thank You to zail For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
the only thing that doesn't work is msn/ facebook chat etc...
?? really, mine on Voda works great

but you could be correct with the link regarding the firmware, but all any UK users need to do is flash with the global firmware.

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
so what are they *****in about. when skype working the same way everywhere.

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-03-07 at 19:48.

Have you actually managed to have a Skype conversation over T-Mobile 3g? Mine works fine over wifi but on 3g it is basically unaudible, just constantly flickering on and off. Been meaning to make a thread about it asking other's experience but haven't got round to it.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by starman View Post

but you could be correct with the link regarding the firmware, but all any UK users need to do is flash with the global firmware.
How can I do this? Sorry I only jump on this forum every once in a while so forgive me if there's all all knowing thread out there, and feel free to throw a link at me! Will this help me get updates as soon as everyone else gets them? Bit like symbian flashing to get rid of software branding?

Cheers
K

Do you mean your skype works or your msn works over your data plan? In my case skype, which is specifically excluded under t&c, does work and msn/ fb chat doesn't - there is a thread on here somewhere about the msn issue with Tmobile.....

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
How can I do this? Sorry I only jump on this forum every once in a while so forgive me if there's all all knowing thread out there, and feel free to throw a link at me! Will this help me get updates as soon as everyone else gets them? Bit like symbian flashing to get rid of software branding?

Cheers
K
have a read of this

http://www.mobile-geeks.com/2009/12/...flashing-n900/

you obviously want to focus on section 2

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to starman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zail View Post
Do you mean your skype works or your msn works over your data plan? In my case skype, which is specifically excluded under t&c, does work and msn/ fb chat doesn't - there is a thread on here somewhere about the msn issue with Tmobile.....
don't use skip so cant say, but facebook chat works!!

strange?!?!?

The Following User Says Thank You to starman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK

strange?!?!?
Not so strange when you read that chat will work once I upgrade from web and walk to web and walk plus with Tmobile (at an extra £5 per month!) lol. I'll be calling them about it shortly but cba with the arguement that will ensure atm.... It's a specifically TMobile issue I think....