Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
Also what is strange is that under the Exchange Mailbox on the N900 the sent items show the sent items from my hotmail mailbox
All sent mail from the N900 goes to the same folder, since there's no support for remote Sent folders over IMAP/MfE in Modest.

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post
It's running through a service provider. They are using v5. An upgrade is imminent. However, if that doesn't fix it, I have what is essentially a useless piece of equipment since I need Exchange to function properly.
My provider switched to Zimbra v6 today and I can report that N900 MfE now syncs with it just fine (including tasks!).

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
I see that Vitaly is very silent in these days...
I hope (but I'm quite sure of it ) he's hard working on the fixes and enhancement on MFE

I just saw the announcement of Tinymail 1.0 and that Modest will be updated in the coming firmware release PR 1.2.

I hope we'll start to have a decent email client. I hope that also Calendar app will be upgraded and enhnaced too.
That will solve probably also the famous bug of the Mfe sync of recurring events in calendar app.

Or is it just a Mfe with exchange 2003 problem ?

I was referring to the bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7971

Vitaly, any good news about it ?

Hoping to see the PR 1.2 update very soon ...
SkyEagle

Hi guys. Long time HTC user here.

Got my N900 today. Set it up with Mail for Exchange.

Awesome stuff. One problem though!

I have about 70 subfolders in my inbox, that all have incoming mail all day long. Somewhere in between 70-120 mails a day. DFSreports, support mails etc.

Is there any way i can make MfE only sync the INBOX, and not the subfolders?

Tried a search, but couldn't find anything.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by darkbydesign View Post
Is there any way i can make MfE only sync the INBOX, and not the subfolders?
you want mfefolders. it's in the extras-devel repository, you don't have to download it from the page i linked.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Ah, OK.

Looks like it's not ready for the average user yet .. Will have to wait then.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by darkbydesign View Post
Looks like it's not ready for the average user yet .. Will have to wait then.
sorry, i was wrong - mfefolders is in -testing already, which should be a bit safer than -devel for the average user.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
sorry, i was wrong - mfefolders is in -testing already, which should be a bit safer than -devel for the average user.
Yes, see here.
It's basically the non valid bugtracker link that stops it from going to extras.

is there any possibility to show only unread mails or at least sort by option for unread mails?

I tried to search but didn't find any info about this. Am I the only one really needing this functionality?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keppi For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by keppi View Post
is there any possibility to show only unread mails or at least sort by option for unread mails?

I tried to search but didn't find any info about this. Am I the only one really needing this functionality?
I believe it's the most anticipated feature...but no for now....

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!