Active Topics

Notices

How do I use Rdesktop? It won't load when I select it, but pyRdesktop loads fine. is there a tut anywhere in the forums?

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Do you have remote desktop enabled on your computer? Can you connect to it from another device? Are you sure the settings are right?

how do i set it all up on my pc? i am sure i have remote set up on my desktop pc.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
First, what operating system are you running? You have to be running Windows XP Pro (or whatever edition of Vista has RDP). Next, right click on My Computer and go to the "Remote" tab. Make sure remote desktop is enabled, and make sure whatever user you want to be able to login as can login over RDP. Finally, make sure that you don't have a firewall that's blocking the connection.

If that's a bit confusing, try following Microsoft's guide.

Hi All,

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd recycle this one.

I've install rdesktop from the repository and it all works great.

Only problem, I can't seem to figure out the shortcut keys. the keyboard works great, but not sure how to right click, or send Alt+F4 for instance!

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dec

No one?! Please help, I love this app!

right click is ctrl and then tap with the mouse

Originally Posted by therock View Post
right click is ctrl and then tap with the mouse
You know, I've tried that so many times before and it just never worked! Now it just randomly started working! lol! Thanks.

Any idea how I'd send an Alt+F4 (it annoys me that Shutdown is removed as an option from the menu when remotely connected!)?