Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Cant seem to add to cart on my phone to buy this app?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Cant seem to add to cart on my phone to buy this app?
try going to main page. I had similar problems and after I went to main page, had three joikuspots in my shopping kart.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Seems to work really nicely. Shopping was easy with paypal. Installed like a breeze.

Just downloaded. Will try it out soon. Also, FYI, Joiku is running a special for the first 1000 N900 downloaders. I'm not trying to sell this, but just mentioning this so that people who are considering this are aware of a current discount.

Picked this up 2 days ago for !ess than $10USD and it works perfectly. Now I can actually use google maps on my ipod touch.
I cant seem to change the network name without having "joikuspot_" preceding it.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
downloaded works great

found out this is another unsecure package
Firstly, what did you expect on an open computing device? It being technically possible to copy software is completely normal. The system works because people pay up anyway.

Secondly, since you've edited your comment to remove the clarifying line about 'piracy' it now sounds like you're claiming that there's a security problem with Joikuspot, which is rather misleading (unless there is, of course).

The Following User Says Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post:
Hi

I bought the software but cannot install it. When i type apt-get install joikuspot I only get this error:

N900:~# apt-get install joikuspot
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Handler silently failed
N900:~#

Joikusofts support doesn¨t seem to know anything about this error.

I thought it might be caused by some software I have previously installed but I get the exact same error on my device even if I have reflashed it with NSU.

Any ideas as to what might cause this?

Does it still use 100% CPU all the time? I will buy it if it not.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by petzku View Post
Hi

I bought the software but cannot install it. When i type apt-get install joikuspot I only get this error:

N900:~# apt-get install joikuspot
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Handler silently failed
N900:~#

Joikusofts support doesn¨t seem to know anything about this error.

I thought it might be caused by some software I have previously installed but I get the exact same error on my device even if I have reflashed it with NSU.

Any ideas as to what might cause this?
When you bought the software you should have got a .install file - opening this with File Manager on the N900 will add the necessary repository, download and install it. Alternately you can add the repository manually (using the information in the .install file) and then use "apt-get install" to download and install it. The production repository is different from the one used for the beta version though.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
When you bought the software you should have got a .install file - opening this with File Manager on the N900 will add the necessary repository, download and install it. Alternately you can add the repository manually (using the information in the .install file) and then use "apt-get install" to download and install it. The production repository is different from the one used for the beta version though.
I got the .install file in a browser but did not use it. Once the browser was closed I never was able to find the .install again. :-( Now I have paid for an application I can't install.

Does someone has an Idea how to install the tool? I also wrote an email to the support but maybe there is an easy and fast solution.

Thanks, jukey

Me on twitter