Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Excellent. I gather that the problem you mentioned in a previous post is now gone with this release?
Yes it did. It truly works beautifully. I really like how I can sync specifically sync a particular calendar to another. Also the ability to do one-way sync as well as syncing just one calendar at a time. Very intuitive.

Yep, birthday is currently not supported. For the ecoach log info, this is new to me (never used it), so I don't know exactly how it interacts with the calendar. I will in any case give priority to the birthday sync, since they are probably more widespread than ecoach stuff
Haha... yeah, the ecoach stuff doesn't need to be synced. I just noticed that it didn't in case it may help you track anything down.

Thanks again!!
-Greg

I guess if Erminig supports command line params to sync stuff then in combination with:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46594

we can have scheduled sync?

Hi Lorelei!

thanks for the new version. The GUI is great.

As some other posters, I found some bug - I was not able to sync and ended up with an error. The error report said that in line 93 (or 104) the HildonNote.__init__() argument 1 must be string.

According to https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5489 there seems to be something broken in the API with the progress bars. You pass hildon.NOTE_TYPE_PROGRESSBAR and AFAIU the solution is to use "cancel" instead.

So I replaced the hildon.NOTE_TYPE_PROGRESSBAR by "cancel" in lines 93 and 104 and erminig works like a charm :-)

Do you remember my funny "one-day-lost" bug? I still have it: on the device, one event is, say, from 22 to 24, after the sync on google appears as being from 22 to 23: one day lost. I'm playing around with the Country/Time zone - let's see if I can tell you more about that...

thanks again for the great software,

petibub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petibub For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
I guess if Erminig supports command line params to sync stuff then in combination with:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46594

we can have scheduled sync?
Yes, this is a (good) solution. Command line parameters are scheduled for the next release (I have them partially implemented in my private devel tree)....

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Lansing, MI, US
Just a quick note to let you know we all appreciate the hard work. When you are ready with support for GPE and N8**, I will be happy to beta test for you.

Originally Posted by petibub View Post
[...]
So I replaced the hildon.NOTE_TYPE_PROGRESSBAR by "cancel" in lines 93 and 104 and erminig works like a charm :-)
hmm, interesting, thanks for the pointer. I will change that in my code as well

Do you remember my funny "one-day-lost" bug? I still have it: on the device, one event is, say, from 22 to 24, after the sync on google appears as being from 22 to 23: one day lost. I'm playing around with the Country/Time zone - let's see if I can tell you more about that...
Was the event in question a full-day event? Could you please give me a step-by-step procedure to reproduce it? Additionally, if you could give me the following two piece of information:

- timezone set on your device
- timezone set on Google

I know that for managing full-day events I have to use a weird hack to make the N900 calendar understand them, so the problem may be there...

thanks

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
keep up the good work dude. im still getting the same problem,and ive deleted all profiles and started again. if there is anything you want me to send you let me know.

Was the event in question a full-day event? Could you please give me a step-by-step procedure to reproduce it?
Yes! The bug appears only for the full-day events. And, only when syncing from device to google. No problems when syncing from google to device.

- timezone set on your device
It is Vienna, Austria, GMT+1.

- timezone set on Google
I used different time zones and the bug seems to occur independently of the country and/or time zone. I tried USA (Hawai, GMT-10), Austria (GMT+1) and Japan (GMT+9). My preferred time zone is GMT+1.

Maybe that helps somehow - would be great if you could find the problem...

BTW, google and N900 support full-day events. Why do you need a hack?

The Following User Says Thank You to petibub For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petibub View Post
Yes! The bug appears only for the full-day events. And, only when syncing from device to google. No problems when syncing from google to device.
Bug fixed (but not published yet). Apparently Google and myself disagree on the boundaries of full-day events
Thank you again for reporting it!

BTW, google and N900 support full-day events. Why do you need a hack?
Yes, both support full-day events, but the way full-day events are stored in the N900 calendar is let's say a bit surprising, hence a small hack to make everyone happy.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Here's a error trace I got while trying to sync a calendar. It got 2 events through the sync then crashed with this.
Hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace(1).txt (1.2 KB, 102 views)

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization