Notices

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
It's far from done, but it's a decent start http://github.com/Klowner/gluppy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klowner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
http://github.com/downloads/Klowner/...11-2_armel.deb
If anyone wants to try it out. The config thing doesn't work yet, but you can set your preferences using gconftool-2 (there's instructions in the README). It should work.

Last edited by Klowner; 2010-03-11 at 21:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Klowner For This Useful Post:
First of all, thanks for taking the time to code such a piece of well needed software for a phone/computer that was built with connectivity in mind.
Second, i tried it, but can't seem to get it to work! after supplying the daemon with the right configuration and my google-accountdetails, the satellite-dish appears, thus setting the boolean to true does something, but when i check my location from a pc, it still says '2 days ago' instead of '1 minute ago' or something like that. I have also checked again about an hour later because i had a feeling there might be a slight delay, but to no avail.

Settings that might be of any interest:
N900 PR 1.1.1
3g-connection in use, account entered as USERNAME@gmail.com, password contains numbers, letters and symbols. Refreshrate set to 3600 seconds. I'm at a loss concerning the problem, I am no coder myself. Glad to be testing though :-)

Seems to be same for me, GPS is constantly running but no change at Google Location History.

Works perfectly here... Updates latitude location on igoogle just like it should.

Only issue I see is it needs to not constantly have GPS running, only turn on GPS when it hits the update interval. This will destroy battery life if not fixed.

Also would be nice if it was in one of the repositories so we can get notified of updates on the device.

Wassup here? New info on GPS instantly running fix?

I was just wondering about this myself. Some people have it working, others, like myself, are having issues.

Looking for something that I can use to update my location online all the time, whether it is Google Latitude or not, doesn't really matter but I love my Google!

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
just wait for shephard to be released after PR1.2 is.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Exeter (UK)
Just tred to install this but it ask for

libqt4-core
libqt4-maemo5

Any help appreciated

You can't install it at the moment because the autobuilder makes it dependent on stuff only installed on 1.2
So as stated by twoboxen above, just wait for 1.2 (or install it if you have.. 'acquired' it)