Notices

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Utrecht, the Netherlands
Lorelei, again, thanks for working on this, this is really great.

The GUI works fine for me, I've found a few bugs but I think they've all been reported already. Now just a wish/question-list:
  • I noticed the description of the events is not being synced. Will this eventually be done, or this there a good reason not to do it?
  • Alarms are also not being synced. Maybe this is because the alarms on the N900 are too restrictive, compared to Google's? In any case, maybe when the reminder on Google is set to "Pop-up" and between 1 and 30 minutes you could map this to the N900 alarm...
  • About the only thing that I'm really missing now is sync for recurring events, so I'm eagerly waiting for the next version :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to dreixel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by dreixel View Post
I noticed the description of the events is not being synced. Will this eventually be done, or this there a good reason not to do it?
Hmmm that's odd. I got events descriptions correctly synced. At least in the Google -> N900 direction; I will check if there's a problem with the other direction.

Alarms are also not being synced. Maybe this is because the alarms on the N900 are too restrictive, compared to Google's? In any case, maybe when the reminder on Google is set to "Pop-up" and between 1 and 30 minutes you could map this to the N900 alarm...
Yes, this is a known issue. I don't know yet how easy and feasible it is to map the alarms. I already got a request by mail to implement alarms sync, so I will definitely dig into that.

About the only thing that I'm really missing now is sync for recurring events, so I'm eagerly waiting for the next version :-)
Yup, recurring events are the next big thing to be implemented, along with several bug fixes.

thank you for your feedback! It's really appreciated

Originally Posted by zombiepig View Post
Here's a error trace I got while trying to sync a calendar. It got 2 events through the sync then crashed with this.
Hope it helps!
Does this stack trace really comes from a failed sync procedure? By looking at it it seems that the problem comes from the profile maangement UI...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Utrecht, the Netherlands
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Hmmm that's odd. I got events descriptions correctly synced. At least in the Google -> N900 direction; I will check if there's a problem with the other direction.
Sorry, my bad. I'm only doing Google -> N900 for the moment anyway, but indeed descriptions are synced.

The Following User Says Thank You to dreixel For This Useful Post:
Does this stack trace really comes from a failed sync procedure? By looking at it it seems that the problem comes from the profile maangement UI...
arghhh sorry, attached the wrong file. Here's the correct one.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Trace.txt (2.9 KB, 104 views)

Bug fixed (but not published yet). Apparently Google and myself disagree on the boundaries of full-day events
Thank you again for reporting it!
Great! Thanks.

Originally Posted by petibub View Post
As some other posters, I found some bug - I was not able to sync and ended up with an error. The error report said that in line 93 (or 104) the HildonNote.__init__() argument 1 must be string.
(...)
petibub
I am also affected by this bug, and unable to sync at the moment.

Other small bug I noticed (also already reported) is the + button leading to overwriting the currently selected profile instead of creating a new one.

Great work anyhow... Thanks for also supporting the multiple google accounts, as myself and other complainers were asking...

First of all: Thanks for a great piece of software.

I have a small bug to report. I can consistently get the "programming error" pop-up with these steps:

- Create an event in google calendar
- synchronize
- Delete the event on the N900
- synchronize

- and then synchronizing no longer works. If I then delete the event in google calendar, things start working again.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 121, sync_all_profiles(widget=<gtk.ToolButton object at 0x41bfb328 (GtkToolButton at 0x4b61b8)>, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41bfb1c0 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x442060)>)
id = i[0]
do_profile_sync(id, data)
variables: {'data': ('local', <hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41bfb1c0 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x442060)>), 'id': ('local', 1), 'do_profile_sync': ('global', <function do_profile_sync at 0x41c28430>)}
File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 110, do_profile_sync(id=1, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41bfb1c0 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x442060)>)
profile['remoteSource'], \
profile['lastLocalUpdate'], currentTime, progress)
variables: {'profile': ('local', {'lastUpdate': 1268337360, 'direction': 0, 'lastLocalUpdate': 1268337364, 'remoteSourceTitle': u'christian@surlykke.dk', 'remoteAccountId': 1, 'enabled': 1, 'localSource': u'1', 'remoteSource': u'christian@surlykke.dk', 'localSourceTitle': u'N900', 'id': 1}), 'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41c00198 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4c2890)>), 'currentTime': ('local', 1268337423)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 365, local_sync(pid=1, localSource=u'1', remoteSource=u'christian@surlykke.dk', lastSync=1268337364, stime=1268337423, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41c00198 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4c2890)>)
getUpdatedEventsFromLocal(pid, int(localSource), remoteSource, lastSync, progress)
getDeletedEventsFromLocal(pid, int(localSource), remoteSource, lastSync, progress)
variables: {'lastSync': ('local', 1268337364), 'int': ('builtin', <type 'int'>), 'pid': ('local', 1), 'getDeletedEventsFromLocal': ('global', <function getDeletedEventsFromLocal at 0x41be3070>), 'localSource': ('local', u'1'), 'remoteSource': ('local', u'christian@surlykke.dk'), 'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41c00198 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4c2890)>)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 353, getDeletedEventsFromLocal(pid=1, localSource=1, remoteSource=u'christian@surlykke.dk', lastSync=1268337364, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41c00198 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4c2890)>)
event = google_api.run_google_action(google_api.gd_client. GetCalendarEventEntry, urllib.quote("/calendar/feeds/" + remoteSource + "/private/full/" + gid))
google_api.run_google_action(google_api.gd_client. DeleteEvent, event.GetEditLink().href)
variables: {'google_api.gd_client.DeleteEvent': ('global', <bound method CalendarService.DeleteEvent of <gdata.calendar.service.CalendarService object at 0x410ae1f0>>), 'href': (None, None), 'google_api.run_google_action': ('global', <function run_google_action at 0x41bd9470>), 'event.GetEditLink': ('local', <bound method CalendarEventEntry.GetEditLink of <gdata.calendar.CalendarEventEntry object at 0x41d10590>>)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/google_api.py", line 32, run_google_action(func=<bound method CalendarService.DeleteEvent of <gd...ar.service.CalendarService object at 0x410ae1f0>>, *args=('https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/christian%...ivate/full/kv5e5r8cc9j99ffolgbpobtggs/63404020542',), **kwargs={})
return res
variables: {'res': (None, None)}
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'res' referenced before assignment

Originally Posted by zombiepig View Post
arghhh sorry, attached the wrong file. Here's the correct one.
OK, I see. For some reason Google thinks that an event has been added in 1900, which makes Python crash (the particular date library I'm using doesn't support dates that far back in time).

I will correct this for the next release.

Originally Posted by feydrutha
Other small bug I noticed (also already reported) is the + button leading to overwriting the currently selected profile instead of creating a new one.
I'm unable to reproduce this bug Any chance that I could get a step by step procedure?

On related news, I've made a request to open a new bugzilla component for Erminig, so that we can track in a more efficient way all the bugs in Erminig. As soon as there are news, I will post them here.

Originally Posted by surlykke View Post
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'res' referenced before assignment
Thanks for the report. This bug has been fixed yesterday, after I got notified here and by mail of the problem and a new release (containing, among others, this bug fix) will be made available in one week or two.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization