Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Please forget about what I said before you start going around saying "oh now I know why my popcorns are not crispy! why nokia why!" ;P Both have hardware scalers, but I've never seen the N900 one used in the wild (the omap video one), while I've seen it used in both the Pandora and the N810. Also, the photo viewer uses the SGX which is just fine for that task.

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-03-14 at 01:30.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
pls upload deb package, cuz I cant start this...

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
About the resolution....I was thinking along the lines of having the emulator run the actual rom at 480*320 (or 320*480), and then have it scaled up to the screen size (aspect ratio) or maybe take up 3/4 of the screen...The images maybe of less quality, but the performance would be well worth it, especially for a beta. I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

N900 may actually be the first to run N64 properly. Having it run at 10-14 fps on the first release is really quite astonishing if you ask me. Not to mention that its not yet fully optimized to work with open gles2.0.
In fact it is already optimised to work with gles 2.0.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Ok for all you experienced people we new noobs want to have a go and looking at this, i love tinkering around with stuff, but without a .deb im not sure how to get this running, im a fan of emulators on the PC and even if this is not playable id still like to take alook. So can anyone out there just tell us how to run it. Ty

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Ok for all you experienced people we new noobs want to have a go and looking at this, i love tinkering around with stuff, but without a .deb im not sure how to get this running, im a fan of emulators on the PC and even if this is not playable id still like to take alook. So can anyone out there just tell us how to run it. Ty
It wont make sense as he's going to release a .deb file...which may or maynot (i dunno)....contain updates, just gotta be patient. Perhaps throw in some keymapping ideas or something. Show ur support and appreciation

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Ok did he say how long till he releases a .deb file for everyone? Il see what i can do about keymapping, dont know anything about it but there is always a first. From what i gather, he's not sure what keys to map out for the buttons is that correct? Like the Z button and the analog stuff like that..

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
can i play it without sound in fullscreen?

i think the only practial way would be to make the touch screen the anolog controller, id imagine that would be a pain to get working, for the rest,

D-pad- W A D X

C buttons
- U H K M

Start - Enter

Left Trigger - Q

Right Trigger - I

not sure for A, B, Z, =S i think if it was like F,G,B all the keys are then to close and a little cramped, but i cant really see any other place,

A - F
B - G
Z - B

i think =S, mainly thinking of zelda here, tryin to use B + Z while using analog, only have to rock your thumb up to hit B while holding Z, if its set like this, but jump slash could be a issue, i think analog can be forgot about for a second for this, but then there is the issue with jumping, and now i think about it, isnt one of the triggers lock on as well? which means wasted effort,,,

maybe making the left and right portion on the touch screen triggers + analog control, whichever way its one hell of a job....

IMO this emulator is best used for slower-paced games since you can't really do anything to improve the controls on the keyboard (unless you tether the dualshock 3 but that eliminates the whole portability thing)
________
FETISH TUBES

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:36.

i suppose another option is the sixaxis controller/wiimote, wiimote kinda lacking in the buttons area though.