Active Topics

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Hei,

There are loads of features missing in the native Photos application on the N900 and I was wondering whether anyone has come up with a workaround/alternative.

The application shows all the images by default including wallpapers and photos in other folders. Is there any way to modify it such that it doesn't show wallpaper, just shows photos within a particular folder or exclude some folders?

Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Hei,

There are loads of features missing in the native Photos application on the N900 and I was wondering whether anyone has come up with a workaround/alternative.

The application shows all the images by default including wallpapers and photos in other folders. Is there any way to modify it such that it doesn't show wallpaper, just shows photos within a particular folder or exclude some folders?
Tap the top bar where it says "All images" and you can filter by folder, date or tag. Filtering by folder gives the option of default camera folder, so you just get the photos you've taken and not moved, or custom folder, allowing you to pick which one to view. I don't know of a way of excluding particular folders.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

I already knew that but the problem is it doesn't remember those settings. So every time I open the application, I have to tap the top bar and select a folder. The default view of the application is just so completely useless for me because it shows all the wallpapers and it just spoils the fun.

E.g. If I want to show my photos to someone I have to be like oh wait sorry these are the wallpapers and oh thats some private pictures that you shouldn't be seeing let me tap the top bar and change the folder! :P

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
install canola or similar third party app where you can configure paths?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Where can I find such applications and how can I configure paths?

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Chennai,India
Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Where can I find such applications and how can I configure paths?
Goto your application manger and search for Canola

P.S: make sure you have extra-devel repositories enabled

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I also hate the default "show-all-images" behaviour. And it is indeed a shame that normal user would need to use devel-repo to get better experience...
Stupidity is the thing I hate the most.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I have an issue with the default photoviewer shortcut. I had a freeze while taking a photo. After a reboot the viewer showed "No images avaliable". I can see them and view them from filemanager though.
Is it possible to reinstall the viewer somehow?

Thanks

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
In order to avoid to show images from certain directories, you have to fiddle with the configuration of tracker.
If you don't want to use the terminal, there's an app for that: "tracker cfg". Open it and insert the directories to be neglected under "NoWatchDirectory". Then open the menu and do "rebuild databases". When it's done, you won't find the unwanted images any more in the photos app.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
In order to avoid to show images from certain directories, you have to fiddle with the configuration of tracker.
If you don't want to use the terminal, there's an app for that: "tracker cfg". Open it and insert the directories to be neglected under "NoWatchDirectory". Then open the menu and do "rebuild databases". When it's done, you won't find the unwanted images any more in the photos app.
But the thing is that I can't see a single image in the photos app at the moment. I tried some different options to sort files in the photo app but no images can be found.
Will this tracker-tool remove files from MyDocs if I accept "remove databases and restart tracker"?