Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
probably because 90% of winmobile phones are made by htc so porting android to htc isnt particually hard as they released the first android phone (which i have). havent made much progress myself yet still arguing with alsa and making it compile

Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
I'm sorry i did read a few pages but i can't read all the 27 pages ... so i have a question : are you guys trying to boot the nokia kernel patched with android patchs, but with the maemo rootfs ? If so, wouldn't it be easier to boot the patched android kernel with an android rootfs hosted on an microSD partition ?
Else i did successfully boot android on the pandora gaming console, and latest kernel use dss2 too. What i did is select the old omap-fb driver instead the dss one in the kernel configuration ( you have to disable the dss2 driver in kernel config before beeing able to see the omap-fb driver ) then patched it with the previous omapfb patchs posted here.

Well, i'm interessed in having android on the n900, could someone sumarize the current progress to see if i can help ?

currently we have a working port but it is very slow and as far as i know bluetooth/sound/calls dont work, but i dont have a n900 so i am not sure - you best off checking the www.nitdroid.com site for info

Hey dj, good to hear from you again. Don't mind Callensunny, I think he is jealous they can run it and not us yet. I feel his pain as well Keep at it, ALSA is bound to give in eventually. I'm surprised we have not received any word from the people in #nitdroid. I can see if they were disinterested, but I was hoping for them to say they were and not ignore us

Edit, you mentioned its running slow on the N900, how does it run on the older hardware?

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
currently we have a working port but it is very slow and as far as i know bluetooth/sound/calls dont work, but i dont have a n900 so i am not sure - you best off checking the www.nitdroid.com site for info
Thanks, i just followed your sig link on your previous post
I'll help soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
Hey dj, good to hear from you again. Don't mind Callensunny, I think he is jealous they can run it and not us yet. I feel his pain as well Keep at it, ALSA is bound to give in eventually. I'm surprised we have not received any word from the people in #nitdroid. I can see if they were disinterested, but I was hoping for them to say they were and not ignore us
was taling to bri3d and luke-jr other day like, alsa seems to be a general pain to compile apprently but we need its code or sound will never work (due to the ASoC drivers required for sound on the nxx0 series.

UPDATE No 1: ok compile is now proceeding properly with all alsa libs included, once this builds i will be trying the new rootfs and seeing what happens, hopefully it should work and may even have sound to boot

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-13 at 12:34.

probably because 90% of winmobile phones are made by htc so porting android to htc isnt particually hard as they released the first android phone (which i have). havent made much progress myself yet still arguing with alsa and making it compile
That's a really good point.

was taling to bri3d and luke-jr other day like, alsa seems to be a general pain to compile apprently but we need its code or sound will never work (due to the ASoC drivers required for sound on the nxx0 series.

UPDATE No 1: ok compile is now proceeding properly with all alsa libs included, once this builds i will be trying the new rootfs and seeing what happens, hopefully it should work and may even have sound to boot
WOW, that sounds like a really big step to me. Glad we are making progress.

On the nitroid page, you guys talk about a static build of busybox. Where should i find it ?

google does usually help. their a few dotted about

I do ask for a good reason ...

i dont have a n900 so i cant help in that respect, (n8x0 and n900 are diff cpus etc)) bdogg64 most likely has a build in the rootfs he uploaded a few pages back though

UPDATE: ok have had to go backwards somewhat, downloading a fresh version of the android 2.1_r2 source as i was getting piles of random java compile errors with the eclair branch, so ill be patchign and merging alsa back in again once this downloads (this is where i need a decent internet connection lol)

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-14 at 15:36.

Closed Thread