Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Searched all the forums for this and I was surprised no one suggested it / made it.
A telepathy updater that shows what you're listening to.
Vagalume has this option but it never worked for me.
I'm not sure if the devs of nowplayingd can inmplent this in their application or in a separate one.

Just an idea.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Can't speak for tuminoid, but Telepathy and co. aren't my cup of tea.

I've been working on that media player status area applet (like I said in that "now playing notifications" thread; find a buggy version in extras-devel), though, and MAFW's already been giving me headaches there (although, that's probably due to me deciding to use Vala and automatically generated bindings).

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-03-14 at 15:51. Reason: grammar

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Can't speak for tuminoid, but Telepathy and co. aren't my cup of tea.

I've been working on that media player status area applet (like I said in that "now playing notifications" thread; find a buggy version in extras-devel), though, and MAFW's already been giving me headaches there (although, that's probably due to me deciding to use Vala and automatically generated bindings).
Yup, no telepahty for me either. Its not in scope for nowplayingd anyways.

I personally don't get the idea of posting what you play either, but nowplayingd sources are available via -devel and if someone knows telepathy I think it wouldn't be too hard to glue wanted functionality on top.

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuminoid For This Useful Post: