Notices

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I don't think telling him about .deb packages will help him any. Also, your link got truncated and isn't including the closing parenthesis.

In the top left of your device's screen, there is a button that (with the default theme) appears as either overlapping boxes (when you have an application open) or as six squares (when none are open.)

Touch that button until a grid of icons appear, then touch the "more..." icon in the lower right. If you have a lot of apps installed, you may have to scroll down a bit, but all installed applications should appear there.

I believe the "more..." icon is going away with the next update, so it'll be quicker to access the icons in the future.
Actually thats exactly where i was looking for my apps before creating this thread. But for some reason ther not here. When i check in app manager, im able to uninstall them, so that means ther are installed. I will try to uninstall and install them again. Thx for the help

Originally Posted by Ads View Post
If the previous posts don't help you, you might want to elaborate on your question a little. Any specific application? Are all you applications 'not findable'?
I suspect you may be downloading a bunch of command line applications. There are a few dotted around. If that is the case, you can probably only get to these through X terminal - however it my mean that they aren't quite what you are expecting if you don't know how to run them.

Obviously I might be leading you off on one there, but let us know some of the applications and we might be able to tell you if you have something wrong, or if it is just one of the issues previously mentioned.

All the best with it anyway!
The apps are flashlight and pinnexiple...

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
To use flashlight, I believe you need to open the camera lens slider and then access the function from in the status bar area - I've not tried it myself, but it mentions something to that effect in the software description.

As for pixelpipe - is that to do with sharing pictures etc? Maybe that is only available once in the sharing menus when looking at a picture. Again, I've not tried that one, but I'll see what I can find if no one else can confirm it!

(Sorry - I read that as pixelpipe, so I might be mistaken as to the app you mean - either way I can't find more information for the moment).

Last edited by Ads; 2010-03-15 at 01:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ads For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
To use flashlight, I believe you need to open the camera lens slider and then access the function from in the status bar area - I've not tried it myself, but it mentions something to that effect in the software description.

As for pixelpipe - is that to do with sharing pictures etc? Maybe that is only available once in the sharing menus when looking at a picture. Again, I've not tried that one, but I'll see what I can find if no one else can confirm it!
Correct on both.

The Following User Says Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
By the way Mostafa, many applications have information available when you install them. Flashlight's instructions are available by clicking on the descriptions tab within application manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:

(Sorry - I read that as pixelpipe, so I might be mistaken as to the app you mean - either way I can't find more information for the moment).
Thanks alot for the help appreciated!! And thank you Hellnick I figured that thers explanation with the app when u download. Thanks again

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mostafa14 View Post
The apps are flashlight and pinnexiple...
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...-applet/0.3-2/

read the description. you should be able to read the same text from application manager

and sharing service is sharing service. not an application.

hint: users manual. (second hint: open file manager and tap N900. you should be able to find the manual there)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: