Active Topics

i think the n900 killed the n97

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
no Nokia did

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
sure... Nokia should tell us all their market strategy!

oh... forgot the irony tags...
whats wrong with advertising whats coming soon? they do it with cell phones and accessories, why not with technical things and software type stuff? if you have a good product then you have a good product. you shouldn't have to just SPRING it up on people out of no where in order for it to sell successfully? your competition can either COMPETE or they CANNOT!

if you are about to come out with a cell phone that makes people fly then advertise it and generate the awareness and anticipation for it. if some one else has the same feature then put the facts out there and let users choose for them selves which phone will make them fly better, faster, further etc. i think they should not leave folsk in the dark who just drop 700+ on the latest nokia device, Especially when it lacked a lot of things you would expect from a nokia device. If you make a succesor phone it should at least be better (have more features, better features, or more improved features) then the phone that proceeded it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
But the N97 is still the flagship phone.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
evolution guys. evolution don't care how you are spending your money. it just ignore you and presenting new stuff. you are fu??ed again and again and again...dont blame nokia

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-03-15 at 17:05.

I love the n900, I'm happy to upgrade to a community provided version of meego, and it's great that the community can add all these features and apps seemingly easy. It's an amazingly powerful device and all that.

But that said I bought it with the expectation Nokia would continue to support it and upgrade it themselves, not release it and then do the Apple thing and move straight onto the next model.

I'm going to use the N900 for a long time, but it'll be my last Nokia device. I don't pay all this money to have to find community provided alternatives to keep it up to date and without bugs.

Last edited by Wichall; 2010-03-15 at 17:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wichall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
But the N97 is still the flagship phone.
i think that's because the n900 isn't user friendly enough. it's kinda not ready for the masses yet. even though it's waaay better then the n97 at least the n97 is a solid device despite it's inferiority to the n900. i think when they tag something as there (flagship) device they just mean it's their most marketable/profitable and popular (in nokia's eyes) for the masses.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
I love the n900, I'm happy to upgrade to a community provided version of meego, and it's great that the community can add all these features and apps seemingly easy. It's an amazingly powerful device and all that.

But that said I bought it with the expectation Nokia would continue to support it and upgrade it themselves, not release it and then do the Apple thing and move straight onto the next model.

I'm going to use the N900 for a long time, but it'll be my last Nokia device. I don't pay all this money to have to find community provided alternatives to keep it up to date and without bugs.
1. Has Nokia moved onto the next device yet?

2. Your first and last paragraphs seem at odds with each other. You appreciate what the community can do, but don't want solutions from it?

Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
Too many people here do not think before posting.

I'll consider the worst scenario (for pessimists and FUDders):

Nokia drops immediately support for the N900 and MeeGo isn't available for the N900. Apps between maemo & meego are not compatible. This is the worst scenario possible. What does it mean? N900 will be alive as always. Community added features like MMS (fMMS) , USSD (widget) and many other features. So why are you whining? If maemo isn't upgraded then you have the right to bug the hell out of bugs.maemo.org and get fixes. There are also alternatives to maemo. Meego will be ported unofficially for sure and if not other distros will. The things you should worry about is getting drivers open (at least right to distribute binary drivers and firmwares) and that's all.

I'm coming from openmoko community, a community that's alive even if openmoko Inc. left us with very little support.

Just have fun and enjoy your N900. Software can be changed, so don't worry about it. Nokia is not a vendor that closes up thair devices.
honestly... i could care less about meego. So much so in-fact, i don't even know what the heck it is. "IT" wasn't there or in the item specs when i brought the phone so meego shmeego!... i am not a dev and couldn't care less. what i do care about it the tweaks and fixes that could make my life with maemo easier. Oh, and the other stuff like mms, portrait, blah blah blah. I am happy with the UI on the n900. i am happy with the quality, look, and functionality of completed apps (though there aren't a lot). It does what i need and more better than any other phone i have owned. I am confident that the things it doesnt do are sure to come based on what i have seen in the community.

Who buys a phone with the expectation that the software and techs stuff will be updated indefinitely FOREVER And ever. Just do what i expected u to do with this device and i am a happy camper. considering why i bought it and what i expected from it at the time. who gives a crap about some meego.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
who gives a crap about some meego.
That point is that Maemo is evolving into MeeGo.

Tags
fud, troll!, troll76