Closed Thread
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
indeed i am, trying a few hacked mods now and im also downloading the 1.6 donut base to try and modify that, i dont mind a bit of backporting from eclair if donut works

Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
Not completely. I was in the same spot you're in as far as the weird mounting but I hadn't worked through that yet. Basically you will have copies of the compiled android modules in two places. In android they will be in /system/lib/modules/. In Maemo they will be in /lib/modules/current/. They will be the same in both places with the exception of the touchscreen driver. I'll have to look through the patches again to find the issue with mounting. I could boot both systems but things like wifi weren't working on the maemo side yet. I was more focused on getting the android side working at the time.

You also have to disable the watchdogs to get out of the reboot loop.

Code:

flasher-3.5 --set-rd-flags=no-omap-wd,no-ext-wd -R
Thanks for the help, i'll try again soon.

So android just hit 30,000 apps, where can i donate tor this effort

The Following User Says Thank You to mack07018 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Is any of the work on this thread affiliated with the following youtube video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yri4qOfP8T0
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

im gueessing since said video was recorded by bdogg64 he did it

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
thanks dj_steve.

Just wanted to add to this thread that in my personal opinion this is the most important project for the N900, so best of luck to the guys working on it.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

once i can get a build working on my n8x0 i will be examineing doing builds for the n900 but obviously im going to need people to test my attempts as i dont have a 900

Well, bdogg64 seems to have done a pretty good start, so you (we) should start with that. I'm actually looking at it, so we could see that on irc when the time will come.

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
once i can get a build working on my n8x0 i will be examineing doing builds for the n900 but obviously im going to need people to test my attempts as i dont have a 900

sounds sweet to me

currently forward porting an older menelaus.c file as the 2.6.28 one seems to not power up the mmcs

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
I can upload N900 builds if people with are willing to test them out. I applied that page flipping patch to the kernel and will upload a new build this evening to see if it works.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to bdogg64 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread