Active Topics

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Hoppa, I really, really hope that nokia replace your n900. It certainly sounds like you got a 'Friday afternoon model'.

This thread illustrates the bext and worst aspects of this community - from people reading the title and jumping straight to "buy an iphone" (when frankly, your ability to diagnose and problem solve waay outstrips mine!) to people criticising your grammar (I can only excuse them saying they failed to take on board the possibility that English is not your first language) and finally to the helpful people refusing to let go of a problem until it is sorted.

Now if we could just cut to the useful ones without all the rest...

Good luck with Nokia Care.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Dear Hoppa123,

I read the thread and I know that it has been recommended more than once, but you didn't give an exact answer.

Did you try to reflash the eMMC as well?
It is well described here.
After flashing the eMMC, flash your N900 with the latest firmware. Perhaps this will solve your problem. If not, you should really call Nokia and have the device replaced.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Hoppa, I really, really hope that nokia replace your n900. It certainly sounds like you got a 'Friday afternoon model'.

This thread illustrates the bext and worst aspects of this community - from people reading the title and jumping straight to "buy an iphone" (when frankly, your ability to diagnose and problem solve waay outstrips mine!) to people criticising your grammar (I can only excuse them saying they failed to take on board the possibility that English is not your first language) and finally to the helpful people refusing to let go of a problem until it is sorted.

Now if we could just cut to the useful ones without all the rest...

Good luck with Nokia Care.
Well, it's not our fault when we see the title and the OP written like that, it's the OP's fault when they say something like "I hate this phone, and I am going to go buy an iPhone".. But if he/she says that "they're having a problem, please help", then the responses would be totally different.

Finally. Justice at nokia care centre they tried to reflash the phone once again. and now it died in their hands. Memory controller error they said. They sent it back to nokia and i hope they have a solution for me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoppa123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
BEST!!!!! LITERALLY THE BEST!!! device i have ever had!!!

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by hoppa123 View Post
Finally. Justice at nokia care centre they tried to reflash the phone once again. and now it died in their hands. Memory controller error they said. They sent it back to nokia and i hope they have a solution for me
thanks for updating, i can use your posts against them if i encounter this issue, but i hope and pray not.

And after 1 week waiting. again i got the phone back. it seems work fine. but after one day full use. i got all my errors again, no access to flash. popup messages that the device is full. nokia claims the device is ok. and they just reflash it.

it become really really annoying. they just dont want to take the time to look at the problem.

Here in holland we got one company we call consumenten bond i will put this issue with them. because i got out of options....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoppa123 For This Useful Post:
n900 sucks so much, maemo has no support from nokia. only third party developers with crappy codeline draining battery like crzy. what do you expect when they rely on end users testing the apps, open source never work

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by hollowplayer View Post
n900 sucks so much
Not true.

maemo has no support from nokia
Not true.

only third party developers with crappy codeline draining battery like crzy.
Not true. The N900's problem is the lack of professional third party developers.

what do you expect when they rely on end users testing the apps, open source never work
It can work, but I think in the instance of the N900 it is not working very well, and should certainly not be the only method of application development.

Regardless, the benefits/drawbacks of OSS is not best discussed on this forum.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Quote "N900 worst phone i ever had !"

Just blame yourself. Sucks to be you. lol.

I love mine N900...Super!!!

Tags
boner should go limp, die already!!!, let me die!!!