Active Topics

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Madison, WI
I've tried FF and it doesn't work either. If anyone figures out how to use the iphone app please post it.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Earth
Has anyone been able to confirm that leaving the normal Caller ID on, with Google Voice, does or does not use T-Mobile minutes if you have a Grandfathered MyFaves plan, with your GV number as a fav?

Anyone?

it renders fine if you use the android user agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

Originally Posted by MTCONE View Post
Has anyone been able to confirm that leaving the normal Caller ID on, with Google Voice, does or does not use T-Mobile minutes if you have a Grandfathered MyFaves plan, with your GV number as a fav?

Anyone?
It use to be that if you left the normal caller ID on it wouldn't use minutes (if you had your GV # in your Fav 5). However, it seems TMobile changed it a while back (sometime last Winter) so now you have to change the setting to display the GV # to use the Fav 5 unlimited minutes.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
So the Android string now gives you a "Download from Android Market" message, and iPhone string results in messed up no usable page. Anyone have any other solutions?

maybe you copied the string incorrectly. the page i get is simplified to html and organized differently it isnt an HTML5 layout. but i definitely get to the voice page, no android market business.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It use to be that if you left the normal caller ID on it wouldn't use minutes (if you had your GV # in your Fav 5). However, it seems TMobile changed it a while back (sometime last Winter) so now you have to change the setting to display the GV # to use the Fav 5 unlimited minutes.

Thank you very much. Does anyone know of a Data Only plan on T-Mobile? I have SIP working really well on my N800, and GVMax takes care of all my texts. So, all I would need on the N900 is steady 3G.

Anything better than paying $50+ for the minimum minutes + MyFaves + Smartphone Data plan?

Edit: Found a $39.99 unlimited data plan. No voice plan required.

Edit 2: While talking to T-Mobile, they told me that my phone ONLY qualifies for the $10 Unlimited Internet. So I am now paying $39.99 for 300 minutes + MyFaves and $10 for Unlimited Data. I have been using SipSorcery + G5 + GV to make calls flawlessly. I was originally using GVMax to have free SMS. But I am now testing out the Google Voice integration. Everything is going pretty well so far.

Last edited by MTCONE; 2010-03-16 at 22:24.

When I call my call my google voice number, GV forwards my call back to me. I am trying to call Canada. Google Voice doesn't ask me to enter '2' to input out going number. Calling to Canada is free. How do I do this in Nokia n900?

This is a google voice question, not a N900 question.

I finally got selected to get Google Voice (sorry, no invites to pass along) but I had a devil of a time getting the calls to properly forward. Following the onscreen steps was easy, and my phone was registered with google voice. But actually getting the calls to go to Google voice proved to be more difficult. At first I figured it was just a matter of "bouncing" my voicemails using the call forwarding function in settings>phone, but its not that simple. Instead, one needs to send the call forwarding command (prefix *004* on T-mobile).

I've updated to PR 1.2, but i got an error message when I tried to send the command. After some vigourous googling (hehe) I found that I needed to add a little command to the call-ui.ini file in the /home/user/.osso folder.

Navigate to that file, open it in the text editor of your choice and simply add:

[supplementary]
ssc=1

(you did make a backup of the original file just in case, right?)
Just to be on the safe side, I rebooted the n900 and then tried sending the command again (*004*GVnumber#). The first time, I think my reception wasn't very good, but the command went through on the second try. I still cannot just hit "voicemail" to get to Google voice, but i have GV set as its own contact with a shortcut on my desktop.

Meme, are you calling your new Google number, or the Google Voice number (the one that functions as your new voicemail) If you call in to the voice mail, once you enter your pin you can hit 2 for calling out again. i believe the "google number" is essentially like a forwarding number that will ring any associated phones.