Active Topics

I lost the youtube text-box, too. Now it's completelly grey. YOu can still use it, but it's not how its meant to be.

Over on thoughtfix's Tabletblog the following comment was posted ...

-------------------------------------
Anonymous said...
Had the problem with scrollbars and input fields too. Try rebooting the device then changing to any other theme, then change back again and hey presto normal service should be resumed.

Havent had the chance to download the update myself so couldn't test but I thought this might be useful.

Originally Posted by Brennall View Post
Over on thoughtfix's Tabletblog the following comment was posted ...

Anonymous said...
Had the problem with scrollbars and input fields too. Try rebooting the device then changing to any other theme, then change back again and hey presto normal service should be resumed.

Havent had the chance to download the update myself so couldn't test but I thought this might be useful.
It actually works! THANKS!

The odd thing is that you have to change the theme to solve the issue. Restart the device without changing it doesnt' work.

Bad, bad update...

Last edited by amigokin; 2007-07-06 at 16:21.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
We really need to file bugs where appropriate.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
It actually works! THANKS!

The odd thing is that you have to change the theme to solve the issue. Restart the device without changing it doesnt' work.

Bad, bad update...
Doesn't happen unless you are restoring a backup, I bet. It probably still has the older theme cached which is why I think it goes away after switching themes.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Nice detective work, zero. Can we count on you to file the bug?

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Doesn't happen unless you are restoring a backup, I bet. It probably still has the older theme cached which is why I think it goes away after switching themes.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Specially because I was using a non pre-installed theme.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
My biggest problem so far is that changing the home page in the browser prefs doesn't catch on, i.e. it keeps loading that local N800 splash document as home page. Across restarts, too. Anyone else seeing this?

Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
You want an example? Go to Tableeter and try to answer the survey about the new changes in the firmware update under the support tab. IRONIC!

Is it me alone that the browser scroll bar does not show up correctly?!?!?
The feedback displayed just fine for me and I have no problems with the scrollbars. Have you restarted since installing the update?

EDIT: And I did restore from a backup after updating - although I was just using the standard theme before so perhaps the problem results from using one of the other themes.

Last edited by Mysticode; 2007-07-06 at 17:02.

Nokia's U.S. web site is not displaying the latest firmware update.
Will owners of n800 devices purchased in the U.S. encounter compatibility issues if they install the firmware that's posted on the European site?