Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Serious?? This thread is ridiculous. If your game needs NeYo playing in the background to woo a lady, may I suggest fastseduction.com to sharpen things up.

*Whine* "I can't phone bone because I can't play music on my phone and talk at the same time" *Whine*

The camera issue seems legit to a degree, but it's not that hard to redial someone.

Geez...

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
So does that mean that there is absolutely no way to get that feature ontot he n900 ?
Hack the code and maybe succeed, maybe not? :-)

Originally Posted by Mas Termind View Post
hi

on all the other n series phones i used in the past i could play music aswell as talk on the phone or playback a recording to one of my callers but N900 keeps saying audio is in use by another application? i thought n900 was the bees knees when it came to multi tasking!

does anybody know a way round this please?
I total agree with OP with capabilty of playing media file while calling. It is a great feature to have, espcially for those of us who had other symbian N-series phone prior to N900. I vote that we have our Maemo community brainstorm on this and add a great enhancement/feature for our awesome Linus phone N900.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
I think some of you are missing the point.. No one's looking for an alternative to file sharing over the internet- they've heard about the internet, they know the wonders of e-mail, messengers and file sharing in general.
They're asking a simple question- Can I make sound files play while I'm on a call? Is it blocked in any way? Can I unblock it?
If you have an answer, or something that might lead to one, then by all means, reply.
If you haven't, then you're just wasting everyone's time.

Has anyone of you have tried this before?I was actually surprised to see that this wasn't there on the maemo.Basically what this is,when you are in a call with someone ,you just open the music player and play a song.Now the music wont play through the speakers but it does in the call so the person on the other end can hear it.

This is actually a cool thing for me as I play romantic songs to my girlfriend at night in our long never ending conversation..lol.So does anyone have any idea about this and is it possible to get it on N900? Oh c'mon !! if symbian phones can have it why cant a mulitasking genious.

Please somebody,make it possible for me

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Maemo cannot do it and it also cant use the camera application while on a call. That is my biggest disappointment with Maemo. I saw a car accident while on the phone with my wife and I had to tell her I would call her back so I could use the camera and by the time it loaded, I missed the opportunity for footage and pics. On my N82 I just point and shoot no matter what else the OS is doing.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
Sounds sort of like that app "Call Cheater" in s60v3 that i used to have but just using different sounds

Yeah i agree i hate that you cant use the camera while on the phone too. The craziest stuff happens always when you cant take the picture!
My Site and Blog

Originally Posted by JR99 View Post

This is actually a cool thing for me as I play romantic songs to my girlfriend at night in our long never ending conversation

How'd you get one of those?

bad idea.......

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Or you could play sounds implying you were somewhere you weren't.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
question